By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - For those of you buying FFXIII on the 360...

Fanboy thread.

But war... war never changes

Around the Network
tyig said:
LOL a thread made by a Sony fanboy trying to get people to help the ps3 game sales, oh my god

LOL you look like another fanboy that thinks that Wii fit is the best game ever!

Akvod said:
tyig said:
LOL a thread made by a Sony fanboy trying to get people to help the ps3 game sales, oh my god

LOL you look like another fanboy that thinks that Wii fit is the best game ever!

LOL you look like a troll that tries to make people seem bad when they aren't

"After you win, son, I feel like going for a ride on your bike, haha." ~Doc Louis (Punch Out Wii)

Megadude said:
Huh? Get FF 13 on 360? I don't know what all this madness is about teh 360 controller being better. More colorful perhaps but batteries are wack. "Oh noes I need moar batteries," *grabs* dildo* "good thing I have a few spare".

Some people, they prefer DVD over bluray. Usually, they are people who don't own a bluray player. For the rest of us who enjoy 7.1 surround and the option of not disk swapping, well, we'll be playing the PS3 version of the game.

"But disk swapping was ok in 1997"

Yes it was and so were the spice girls.

YEA BOI!

Installs are sooo in right now , man is the J man  fly or what?

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

i plan on getting ff13 on both my 360 and ps3, why because i really like the ff series. and the fact that i have every rpg game out for the 360, and i will keep buying every single one, that includes ff13. and i am currently buying the rpg's for the ps3. :)

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network
DaveD said:
Akvod said:
tyig said:

I'm the one who's trolling?! He's the one who's posting shit from another troll thread, and all I did was poke a hole in his fanboy logic.

Akvod said:
DaveD said:
Akvod said:
tyig said:

I'm the one who's trolling?! He's the one who's posting shit from another troll thread, and all I did was poke a hole in his fanboy logic.

LOL so true though.

Rpruett said:
twesterm said:
  1. bluRay disc-- doesn't matter for the game itself?  The 360 verion might come on multiple discs, but meh.  Not really a big deal.
  2. Better Audio-- only better if you have 7.1 and the game supports 7.1
  3. What does FFvXIII have to do with it?
  4. Doesn't mean it will be better

So yeah, I guess my answer is why not?  None of your "points" are really valid except if you have 7.1 (which I don't) and it supports 7.1.

If I end up getting the game, I'll just get it for whichever one is better.  You can assume all you want that the PS3 version is better, but there's no way to know until the game is actually released.

-edit-

And assuming both will be the same or about the same quality (because I truly believe they will be), I would probably get the 360 version because I prefer the 360 controller and achievements.  And I know, the PS3 has trophies, but I just don't like collecting trophies nearly as much as collecting achievements.

1.)   Aren't you the guy who said he hates having to get up and mess with things?  Thus why you had to have a 'nice' Blu-Ray remote for your PS3?   Why then would disc swapping not bother you in this instance?   Now it's not a big deal?

2.)   Actually a further point.

3.)   Is a pointless point.

4.)   Ofcourse porting a game is relevant.  Most often (Even in good ports) the ported version is atleast a  tad bit worse than the original.  (Unless it's ported extremely afterwards).  You're more likely to see better game quality on the system in which the game is not ported on. (In this case PS3....In others 360). 

Overall,  I think it's merely fanboy conjecture that will determine which copy is the definitive version overall.  I don't think the game will be lackluster on one console or another.  I do think the PS3 will be 'better' on the purest sense but that the differences will be negligible.  Me personally,  I wouldn't consider getting it for my 360.  It's just too big of a Japanese title that has always been on a Japanese console and originally was a PS3 exclusive to start.   Quality points to the PS3 version of FF, IMHO.  and the controls feel natural on a Sony machine.

1. If changing discs meant that every time I played the game I had to get up and change discs like every time I want to play my PS3 I have to get up and turn it on, then yes, multiple discs would bother me.  Lucky for me, I probably have to do it probably twice, maybe three times at the most.  That really isn't a big deal.
  2. blah
  3. bloo
  4. They aren't porting the game, it isn't relevant at the moment.  Right now it's better to assume they're both going to be the same.

halil23 said:

What IF Versus remain PS3 exclusive and uses saves transfers over from 13 for extra unlockables/or secrets, then you're screwed!

Would rather get the PS3 version just to be safe

What if portland would have drafted jordan instead of sam bowie?

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

I own both systems... IMO only stubborn, small, silly fangirls would buy it for the 360 if they owned both.

Playing and finishing games first>>>>>>>>>>Then talking!

Opinions are subjective and just like moods, can change.

TOP 12: Deus Ex, Shadow Man, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturn, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Metroid Prime, Zelda (series), Uncharted (series), FF Tactics, Persona (series), Demons Souls, Vagrant Story.

MOST WANTED: Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The Last Guardian, ICO/Shadow OTC HD