By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - For those of you buying FFXIII on the 360...

BenVTrigger said:

I am for the following reasons

1. 360 is my lead system
2. I care about achievements alot more than trophies (though I admit they are pretty much the same I have a beastly gamerscore so I like boosting that)
3. I think no third party should make console exsclusives so I'm supporting them for the multi-plat                         
4. What can I say at the end of the day I love PS3 but the Xbox more so thats where my support is going when given the option.

5.  I like the 360 controller alot more.

You know I would have to agree for some reason ps3 trophies just don't feel the same as earning 360 achievements. i know the concept is the same they just feel like their setup pefectly on 360. i like earning trophies on my ps3 but whenever i get them its just not the same feeling. Can't wait to earn some final fantasy 13 achievements :D

How our favorite systems are just like humans and sometimes have issues finding their special someone...

Xbox 360 wants to KinectPS3 wants to Move!  Why are both systems having such relationship problems?  The reason is they both become so infactuated with desire while watching the Wii as it waggles on by. They simply want what they can't have.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

Around the Network

I cannot take anyone serious if they say they like the 360 controller more! Achivements... points with pictures, wow. At least the PS3 has a leveling system with it's trophies. To each his own, I spose.

Playing and finishing games first>>>>>>>>>>Then talking!

Opinions are subjective and just like moods, can change.

TOP 12: Deus Ex, Shadow Man, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturn, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Metroid Prime, Zelda (series), Uncharted (series), FF Tactics, Persona (series), Demons Souls, Vagrant Story.

MOST WANTED: Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The Last Guardian, ICO/Shadow OTC HD

twesterm said:
  1. bluRay disc-- doesn't matter for the game itself?  The 360 verion might come on multiple discs, but meh.  Not really a big deal.
  2. Better Audio-- only better if you have 7.1 and the game supports 7.1
  3. What does FFvXIII have to do with it?
  4. Doesn't mean it will be better

So yeah, I guess my answer is why not?  None of your "points" are really valid except if you have 7.1 (which I don't) and it supports 7.1.

If I end up getting the game, I'll just get it for whichever one is better.  You can assume all you want that the PS3 version is better, but there's no way to know until the game is actually released.

-edit-

And assuming both will be the same or about the same quality (because I truly believe they will be), I would probably get the 360 version because I prefer the 360 controller and achievements.  And I know, the PS3 has trophies, but I just don't like collecting trophies nearly as much as collecting achievements.

They are the SAME exact thing pretty much..

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

@ssj12

they are the same thing pretty much I 100% agree, however I've also found for some reason achievements are more satisfying, to me at least. I think its that little noise you get when they pop up. I dont know why but there is something about them that are like cocaine or something, addicting as hell.

Here is one scenario why you go 360:
You own both systems. You have more hard drive space on your 360 and want to install the game to play it. In this case, the 360 could be a better choice.

In my case, I am likely to pass on it. I am not much for JRPGs actually, and have enough I could play if I really wanted to. I have:
1. Sonic's Genesis collection for the 360. I can play all Phantasy Stars if I really wanted to.
2. I have Blue Dragon for the 360, which I picked up for $10 from Blockbusters.
3. I have Valk. Chronicles for the PS3, which I can choose to play sometime.

There, those nagging me about playing JRPGs, I have enough. I am sorry, but I believe I will pass on Final Fantasy XIII until it I can maybe pick it up for a good deal.

Around the Network
Megadude said:
Huh? Get FF 13 on 360? I don't know what all this madness is about teh 360 controller being better. More colorful perhaps but batteries are wack. "Oh noes I need moar batteries," *grabs* dildo* "good thing I have a few spare".

Some people, they prefer DVD over bluray. Usually, they are people who don't own a bluray player. For the rest of us who enjoy 7.1 surround and the option of not disk swapping, well, we'll be playing the PS3 version of the game.

"But disk swapping was ok in 1997"

Yes it was and so were the spice girls.

And Jem was ok in the 1980s.  What is with you popping trash about old things to make a point, when you have Jem as your avatar?

NeoRatt said:
I buy all multi-platform games on 360. Because:

- I have a 360 for every TV in my house but not a PS3 so I can move from TV to TV easier when wife and kids take over my favorite TVs.
- The 360 has a detachable hard drive so I can carry my game saves with me easier when moving from console to console.
- I like 360's achievement system more then PS3.
- I like the 360 controller more then PS3. Controls and battery system.

EVERY TV in the house?  You trying to one up the guy who has 3 PS3s?

richardhutnik said:
Megadude said:
Huh? Get FF 13 on 360? I don't know what all this madness is about teh 360 controller being better. More colorful perhaps but batteries are wack. "Oh noes I need moar batteries," *grabs* dildo* "good thing I have a few spare".

Some people, they prefer DVD over bluray. Usually, they are people who don't own a bluray player. For the rest of us who enjoy 7.1 surround and the option of not disk swapping, well, we'll be playing the PS3 version of the game.

"But disk swapping was ok in 1997"

Yes it was and so were the spice girls.

And Jem was ok in the 1980s.  What is with you popping trash about old things to make a point, when you have Jem as your avatar?

Pwned

halil23 said:

What IF Versus remain PS3 exclusive and uses saves transfers over from 13 for extra unlockables/or secrets, then you're screwed!

Would rather get the PS3 version just to be safe

And what if Microsoft moneyhats exclusive DLC for FF13?

HanzoTheRazor said:
I cannot take anyone serious if they say they like the 360 controller more! Achivements... points with pictures, wow. At least the PS3 has a leveling system with it's trophies. To each his own, I spose.

LMAO Everyone I know loves the 360 controller! Few of my friends were used to the ps2 a lot so it took time to get used to the differences but in the end just feels more ergonomic than sony's dualshock (add # here) controller. I love the 360's controller personally!

Heyy ssj12 I get what your saying about trophies/achievements being one in the same i agree in theory they are. however in my case the feeling of joy i get out of earning an achievement is not shared when i earn a trophy. Its like having 2 apple pies and being a die hard apple pie lover. one of the pies makes you feel like your in food heaven while the other pie just makes shrug and say meh it was aight. best way of explaining it in my eyes.

How our favorite systems are just like humans and sometimes have issues finding their special someone...

Xbox 360 wants to KinectPS3 wants to Move!  Why are both systems having such relationship problems?  The reason is they both become so infactuated with desire while watching the Wii as it waggles on by. They simply want what they can't have.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad