By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How do you think Heavenly Sword will do?

+1 million world wide.

Reviews similar to Resistance/Motorstorm similar marketing.

Around the Network

I think Heavenly Sword will have big first week and fall off. I think the length of the game will hender sales after the first week. EB and Gamestop will be pushing the preowned copies within the first couple of days of its release. That said, i still think HS will crack a million units world wide. It should do well enough in Europe and the US to ensure that. Any sales in Japan will a bonus.

I think it'll sell very well to PS3 owners initially, but it sure isn't going to help move systems. Initial sales of 200m but poor legs as people will rent this one and beat it in an afternoon. 500-600m NA lifetime.

twesterm said:

As for the holiday season, it's going to be rough for the PS3 and I'll just leave it at that.

LMFAO

Exclusives - UT3 GT5p Uncharted, Ratchet&Clank, Singstar, Haze, Time Crisis.

multi - NfS Pro Street, CoD4, Assasins Creed, Rock Band, ArmyofTwo.

Yahh real rough. 

300k first week, should become the third million seller on the ps3  

edit: i think it could boost sales of the ps3 to 75k if its advertised enough

Around the Network

what with the ps3 "Heavenly Sword" bundle?
look what it did to Motorstorm in the U.S.
bundles bump the sales of the game and te console. it's obvious.

The starter pack 1(Resistance and Motorstorm) did good and i think starter pack 2(Heavenly Sword and F1) will do very well but this is just available in EU/PAL regions so......unlucky for NA.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

I'll call 800-900k WW when all is said and done. As others said, it will launch big and then drop like a rock after people start realizing that it's a $60 game that clocks in at 8 or so hours with no online component.

Besides, even the God of War series isn't a huge seller and it released on a massively popular system to phenominal reviews. Heavenly Sword will probably do well in the US, mediocre in the EU (powered by UK sales), and terrible in Japan.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Hus said:
Reviews similar to Resistance/Motorstorm similar marketing.

Motorstorm is similar, but Resistance has 87.4% average and Heavenly Sword currently has 81%.

I'm guessing 180k first week.

I would say about 180-200k first week, with a steep drop close to 60% second week. If NA is it's biggest market, I have doubts about it getting much more than 1 million WW.