By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How do you think Heavenly Sword will do?

I think it will fall short of 1M world wide but not by much. I'd give it a 150k-200k first week in NA.

Around the Network
HappySqurriel said:

Just as a thought about some of these predictions ...

God of War sold an 'Amazing' 20,000 units in Japan which should indicate that this game will see the vast majority of its sales in North America and Europe; this (effectively) has the game being released on a system with a userbase of 3.35 Million users, the genre of this game is not (particularly) popular, and its quality is not at a level where you would expect a 25% attach rate.

Honestly, I could be wrong but I imagine that a lot of people who read reviews (or hear their friends talking about this game) will choose to rent it or buy it used because of the 8 hours of gameplay which should further hurt sales.

Next week I'd be surprised to see it with more than 150,000 sales in North America and in four weeks I'd be surprised to see it having sold more than 300,000 units in North America.

Id be surprised if you ever saw anything sony doing remotely well.

And NGS did 80k, a scantly clothed hot chick might be enough to do near 100k.

The genre might not be racing or FPS but its also seriously lacking quality. Genji BulletWitch Wampire Rain GundumMosu nothing but utter CRAP right now, and until GoW3 or maybe DMC4.  Heavenly Sword will be king of the hill, a hill that capable of 2/3 millon in sales.

I think it will sell pretty well, the game looks amazing and gamespot gave it an 8.0 they said if it would have been longer the chances were their of getting a much higher score.

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

Hus said:

I'd be surprised if you ever saw anything Sony doing bad. 

twesterm said:
Hus said:

I'd be surprised if you ever saw anything Sony doing bad. 

That was fast twesterm.Like joke fast.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

Around the Network

I would expect it to get up to 1.5M eventually.

Rough for the PS3... with AAA possible million sellers (exclusives) in Warhawk, Lair, Heavenly Sword, Ratchet and Clank, Uncharted, Haze and Uncharted

There is also Time Crisis and Folklore which could also sell nearly 1 million

In Europe, the PS3 will do well because PES 2008 will sell PS3s, as the franchise has mainly been assosiated with the PlayStation

add me

Oh yeah i keep forgetting about ProEvo that brightens up my day.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

I wonder if this game or metroid will top the charts next week

Dolla Dolla said:
I would say about 180-200k first week, with a steep drop close to 60% second week. If NA is it's biggest market, I have doubts about it getting much more than 1 million WW.

I agree with you 100%. Just one question if someone knows, is it M rated game? Because if it is that could affect sales in negative way.

If it sells more than 200k in first week, i am really going to be surprised. This is game for hardcore gamers, if you are casual or even some regular gamer...not sure that there is enough value in this game to spend 60$ just like that. I think it is going to be huge in rental, sales will slow down rapidly after first week.

But i expect it to brake 1 million worldwide. 

I dont get why they mark it down so much for being short. Yeah obviously it would be better if it was longer. But say gamespot were going to give it a 9.0, but then docked it a mark down to 8.0 for being to short. Wouldn't you prefer 8 hours of gameplay worthy of a 9/10, rather than 20 hours of gameplay worthy of just 6/10?Â