By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How do you think Heavenly Sword will do?

1m w/w, but not much more.

It'll do around 300k in each territory, which will help them in Japan quite a bit (N3 managed 60k there for the X360).

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

I think it will do close to 200k first week. It is much better game than Lair and has more hype than Warhawk, so it should sell better than those titles (and I think that Warhawk did about 150k first week). In USA it should sell more than 600k and break 1 million WW probably as a third PS3 title.

@mitsuhide: Afaik the European starter pack with HS and F1 is limited to France. So it won't have that much influence on HS sales.

I expect similar sales as with Motorstorm. Starts off pretty good, goes down quick, but manages to hit 1M after a while.

Probably not going to do too well in Japan btw. Similar games like God of War and Devil May Cry never sold a million on a much larger install base with the PS2.

@kamil:
Well that blows if it is true cause that starter pack will do wonders for the game if it where all over EU let alone all over the World.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

250k as for week one in USA. 2.5 million lifetime. Hmm, probably I'm kinda biased towards this game... anyway it desereves such sale. This is a new dimension in gaming (4D - cinematic approach to games).

Around the Network

@kber81:
Slightly biased.2.5million is really biased for this title for Killzone2 or a more high profile title then yeah but for this i just hope it breaks a million which it will but i think its meant to be a 3 part series,like movies are now well thats being adopted into games aswell so if you really liked a new IP you can pretty much count on there being atleast 2 sequels.One game i would like this to happen to....Legend of Dragoon orignally for the PS1 with no sequel which sucked big time i just hope Sony has the sense to either 1.Remake it or 2.Make a sequel.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

150k-175k first week ....some 500k end year in NA and a solid 1.25 million worldwide

150k-175k first week ....some 500k end year in NA and a solid 1.25 million worldwide

I suck at the numbers game. So i'll just say... "Very Well."

I think it'll benefit from a kind of "extended" launch period boost.

I mean PS3 really doesn't have any other good games in that Genre.

Sure it'll be too short but if all you've got is a PS3 it's going to be the best game like it for a while. Well unless you are a Dynasty Warriors/Gundam fan.

It'll likely end up selling a lot better then a lof of better PS3 games that will come out later in the Genre.

I'll say it breaks a million.

Just as a thought about some of these predictions ...

God of War sold an 'Amazing' 20,000 units in Japan which should indicate that this game will see the vast majority of its sales in North America and Europe; this (effectively) has the game being released on a system with a userbase of 3.35 Million users, the genre of this game is not (particularly) popular, and its quality is not at a level where you would expect a 25% attach rate.

Honestly, I could be wrong but I imagine that a lot of people who read reviews (or hear their friends talking about this game) will choose to rent it or buy it used because of the 8 hours of gameplay which should further hurt sales.

Next week I'd be surprised to see it with more than 150,000 sales in North America and in four weeks I'd be surprised to see it having sold more than 300,000 units in North America.