By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Website suggestions / improvements

I was looking for a login button the whole time until I found the login on the front page. Might be handy to put it under [USERS] when the user isn't logged in.

Around the Network

wow, you guys have made the latest sales data really expansive! 16 pages for US december sales. i don't know if they were always this large and i just didn't notice, but wow. thanks. i love this site.

I think the site is great. I feel confident that he figures are reasonably close to the exact numbers and I like the forums. Two issues, I want you to keep the advertisements and popups so you can continue to host this site, but, can you not use flashing or blinking ones. They are really annoying. Second, I am not sure if your data resides in some sort of database or is just hardcoded in, but I have noticed that there are different totals for what appears to be the same item in different locations. Example. If you look at the weekly chart and compare that to the console comparison totals, say in the japan section they don't equal eachother. On that same note the worldwide shipments section really needs updating. Hope this helps, keep up the good work.

On the Americas and Japan graphs, would it be possible to put like a 'star' - * - icon to denote when a price drop occured? It would be fascinating to see the context and effect of a price drop. I know it would take a while, but price drops do not happen all the time, so it would not have to be updated regularly. If some some of pattern emerged about the context for when price drops happen, it could be incorporated into the "insight" used to arrive at sales numbers when estimates are needed for Others, or updates are needed (pre-NPD release) for American estimates. Off the top of my head there are like 3-4 official price drops per system... Call it 3.5 SNES, GEN, PS1, N64, Sat, DC, PS2, Xbox, GC, 360, Wii, PS3, DS, GB, GBA, PSP, Jaguar, Wonderswan... Heh..I guess that is like 60*s... Perhaps it would be easier to put the * in the sales data than the chart. That would make it possible to see how well each console sold at a given price.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

2 things that really get on my nerves with this site: 1. I understand where your numbers come from ioi, I understand how you calculate them and all, and really gaf is just jealouse that you have this site at all really. BUT real numbers are better. OF course, groups like NPD, MC, Famitsu all are just educated guess but they are considered official....but you never wanted to be official though....I don't know where I'm taking this. 2. This site is a GREAT source of info, though not official, it is the best site/place to view sales of games and consoles. So how about making it better - where the hell is the multiplatform charts. You should have a multiplatform section (mainly US), it would be interesting to see the total sales of games like Madden on all consoles instead of searching for each individual one. But don't get rid of the way you normally list them though.

Around the Network

LOCK said: 2 things that really get on my nerves with this site: 1. I understand where your numbers come from ioi, I understand how you calculate them and all, and really gaf is just jealouse that you have this site at all really. BUT real numbers are better. OF course, groups like NPD, MC, Famitsu all are just educated guess but they are considered official....but you never wanted to be official though....I don't know where I'm taking this.
There is not possible way of getting exact counts. The counts here are pretty darn good for looking at the whole world's trends.
2. This site is a GREAT source of info, though not official, it is the best site/place to view sales of games and consoles. So how about making it better - where the hell is the multiplatform charts. You should have a multiplatform section (mainly US), it would be interesting to see the total sales of games like Madden on all consoles instead of searching for each individual one. But don't get rid of the way you normally list them though.
You can already see how a particular game did across sections. Just go to compare two games and select the game you want in one of the two ddlb's then select some random game for the other and hit go. Edit -- I just noticed doing that doesn't show your crossplatform totals, let alone which total belongs to which console. I guess if all you want is total number you can just add the total sales for the last month.

One thing I would like to possibly be fixed is middle-mouse//open in new tab. With Firefox. It acts like you click the link and VGcarts opens the page clicked on... in the same window... AND it opens the new one. Gets really annoying... really. : And it only started doing it after the redesigned website.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

I find that I am logged out a lot, but that's no biggie, I keep my password saved...but if I'm on a forum, and I want to reply, I go to the top to login, but then it takes me back to the vgcharts homepage... I don't know if this has been discussed, it doesn't bug me that much...it's just kind of an annoyance sometimes.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

To answer the first question only I visit the site cause it's the only one that gives close to accurate sales really and especially for your estimates on the next gen wars. I mean I come to this site and see your numbers and go wow this site has great staff cause they are at least in the ballpark then I go and look at a site like nexgen wars and see thsoe way off numbers and I sense inconfidence. So yea I visit the site cuase it gives close to accurate and unbias estatimes, predictions, and sales. Great site. Keep it up guys.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. -Mark Twain

2004 Lincoln LSV8 - ~$15,000

K&N Cold Air Intake - $300

Handheld ECU Reprogrammer - $400

The look on a ricer's face when they get their ass beat off the line by a Lincoln - Priceless