By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Website suggestions / improvements

what happened to the handheld wars on the frontpage?

Check out the VGC Crunch this Podcast and Blog at www.tsnetcast.com

Around the Network

Most popular news is a bad idea... I think news should be up to date.

kber81 said: Most popular news is a bad idea... I think news should be up to date.
News days sometimes move to fast (news people find important covered by news people don't want). If you want it to be sorted by time click the view all link above the most popular.

Just wanted too say the site looks very nice now, lots of improvements last weeks. Keep up the good work.

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

I would like to see a "banned info" thread. When someone is banned (or unbanned?), the user is listed, the crimes described, the length of sentence stated (etc). I think this would help in preventing other people following down the same strayed path(s).

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

If a user is banned, a reason is given in the thread where that user broke the rule(s) causing him to be banned. Once we get all the rules ironned out, they will be posted in the forums. Any time a user is banned, the rule(s) broken will be noted.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. -Mark Twain

2004 Lincoln LSV8 - ~$15,000

K&N Cold Air Intake - $300

Handheld ECU Reprogrammer - $400

The look on a ricer's face when they get their ass beat off the line by a Lincoln - Priceless

Why not have "REAL" forums. I know these forums work, but they're sluggish and not the greatest. PHPBB is a free example that can be used, and I'm sure there are others. I'm sure that will get more people interested in the forums. Over at nextgenwars they have a HUGE amount of people who post on the forums, and they use fancier ones than this. That might improve getting uses

I strongly agree with the idea to use phpBB or some other forum software. I mean, there are tons of dupe threads and there seems to be no way to merge them. Also, there is no forum search, so when dupe threads are created, you can 't even yell at the noobs and have them do a search

I disagree with PHPBB. I like this. Second, I like shams idea about a list of users banned. Because there is no way to tell how long your banned for. And in occasions, it is unknown why your banned. I really like shams idea.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Great website! One suggestion though regarding the prediction league, I think average scores would be nice to take into account instead of cumulative scores. One example, for a new member to be able to top the ranks this would take 10 perfect 100% scores (very unlikely) and the current number 1 has to score very badly for the upcoming 10 predictions of let's say not much more than 50% accuracy (unlikely) on average. 10 perfect scores would be better than 20 bad scores.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales