By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Website suggestions / improvements

Good work with the website. I have been around since its start pretty much. The community features are done pretty well. The website's speed is a tad problematic but everything else is great. Thank you very much.

Systems I CURRENTLY Own: PLAYSTATION 3, Nintendo Wii, PC

Call of Duty 4 - Rank: 54 General II - K/D Ratio: 2.50

Around the Network

ioi said: Well we're not going to use any external forum software but are working at implementing the same functionality in these so as I have said keep the suggestions coming...
Well, it's your site, so you're the boss :) But speaking of features, a merge thread capability for the mods should be pretty high on your feature list. There is so many Wii will beat threads and Sony will threads that it's not funny...

Any chance of having something like a 'View posts since last visit' link where the most recent topics are shown since you were last signed in (this could help reduce dupe posts). If it sounds like a naff idea or if it has been mentioned before then shoot me now

Good to see this site is still going 

I would like some calculations to be something more transparent .I mean ,for the NA february data the PS3 number is exactly the addition of the NPD numbers for US and Canada .RIght ,perfect until here .The problem comes when for the Wii and the X360 the NA number is not only the addition of those two numbers but some 20-40K consoles more .That smells a bit .

I'd like a join date under peoples names, is it too late to implement that feature?

Around the Network

With the new site improvements, I just have one complaint at the moment. When you quote somebody that quoted somebody that quoted somebody that quoted somebody, etc, etc....those boxes start taking up a TON of room in forum posts, and it just doesn't look good. Is there any way to only quote the last one or two people? Saves space, looks neater...I tried manually deleting those boxes while making a post, but it won't let me completely get rid of the boxes. Just throwing that out there.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

why can't I compare consoles in america anymore? Was it removed?

Predicting the Future - 360 Will get to 11 Million in the USA this year!!

Predicting the Future - Wii will NOT win this gen in America!!

Prediciting the Future - The PS3 will pass the Wii by 2009!!

I find the new news-posting system a little confusing. It should make it clearer on the "title/short description" page, that the actual news story/body should be entered on the following page. It should also be possible to "cancel/delete" a story after the title is created, but before it is fully entered.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

I would like if you clicked on any of the numbers for the console on the front page to display a page that says exactly where you took the numbers from and what numbers you used to get to that point.

Quartz said:
Any chance of having something like a 'View posts since last visit' link where the most recent topics are shown since you were last signed in (this could help reduce dupe posts). If it sounds like a naff idea or if it has been mentioned before then shoot me now

I second this request.

Also, it would be nice if the page title was "<thread name>" instead of just "VGCharts, Videogame Charts" when you click on a thread.  I tend to open a bunch of threads in tabs, this will help me jump to the right threads easil.