By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - id Boss: 3rd-Party Wii Development "Not Really Justified"

blizzid said:
WereKitten said:

PS: I also wonder what game-centric IP means...

It sounds like he's using it as the opposite of licensed property. So a game-centric IP would be an IP whose original and primary market is in games. Halo has books, DOOM has a movie, but both are game-centric IPs. On the other hand, something like Star Wars would be a movie-centric IP, even though numerous games have used the IP. (In fact, there's been more Star Wars games than movies.)

Nah, he's just saying "hardcore."

Around the Network
GOONYDUDE said:
I think that the wii remote is what turns alot of developers away from the wii. Now if the wii had a more "traditional" game pad more developers might be willing to make a serious effort. The wii remote is still seen as sort of a gimmick to alot of people.

So basicly the Wii would be... A Gamecube?

The dude is not bashing the Wii. Another quote:

"I'm not trying to take away from those guys at Nintendo. Their games are awesome--I'm a fan, too. But as a company that doesn't make Nintendo-type games, the Wii is less of a compelling platform for us to really sink a lot of resources into."

I guess cod: world at war is selling bad on the wii? The game is total crap compared to the xbox360 and ps3, but still manages to sell over a million.

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=65589

Yeah, stop the 3rd party games not selling bullshit now please. Ps3 is doing a lot worse.

Samus Aran said:
Yeah, stop the 3rd party games not selling bullshit now please. Ps3 is doing a lot worse.

That's interesting because he never said that on the interview. I love how people jump into conclusions for this kind of articles, after all it's a PC based company. Not everybody should made games for the Wii or consoles in general.

alfredofroylan said:
Samus Aran said:

That's interesting because he never said that on the interview. I love how people jump into conclusions for this kind of articles, after all it's a PC based company. Not everybody should made games for the Wii or consoles in general.

I was talking about the people on the forum here that keep insulting the wii that 3rd party games sell like crap on it. I wasn't talking about that guy I never heard about. I love how you just jump to conclusions.

Ps: I'll try to be more clear the next time :)

Around the Network

I'm sure companies know what's best for them, let's just wait and see....

I've seen a video of Quake homebrew on the Wii, and it was very fast and fluid.

Just pointing that random occurrence out.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Megadude said:
GOONYDUDE said:
I think that the wii remote is what turns alot of developers away from the wii. Now if the wii had a more "traditional" game pad more developers might be willing to make a serious effort. The wii remote is still seen as sort of a gimmick to alot of people.

So basicly the Wii would be... A Gamecube?

The dude is not bashing the Wii. Another quote:

"I'm not trying to take away from those guys at Nintendo. Their games are awesome--I'm a fan, too. But as a company that doesn't make Nintendo-type games, the Wii is less of a compelling platform for us to really sink a lot of resources into."

Absolutely the truth. I would not expect PC developer to move to consoles unless their games are appropriate. I also would not be that inclindes to see Console developers to move to PC. I don't need to see Doom on Consoles or Mario Galaxy on PC. Classic platformers just don't seem PC orientated.

Though the Wiiremote or specificly the pointer does offer some games an opperunity to be played like their PC counter parts. Warcraft 2 & 3, Diablo and other pointer centric games.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

Whatever.

01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01001001 01111001 01101111 01101100 01100001 01101000 00100001 00100000 01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110100 01100101 01110010 01101110 01101001 01110100 01111001 00100001 00100000

There goes my hopes of QuakeLive for wii :(

http://www.quakelive.com

PC + Wii owners unite.  Our last-gen dying platforms have access to nearly every 90+ rated game this gen.  Building a PC that visually outperforms PS360 is cheap and easy.    Oct 7th 2010 predictions (made Dec 17th '08)
PC: 10^9
Wii: 10^8