By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - id Boss: 3rd-Party Wii Development "Not Really Justified"

Words Of Wisdom said:
Darc Requiem said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
Darc Requiem said:

WoW, you seem to be the only one having trouble comprehending my post. You cherry picked one sentence and ignored the rest. You want to do that go ahead. I'm not going split hairs with one poster than didn't comprehend what I was trying say.

It's comforting to know the best you can manage is an insult instead of an actual response.

WoW, if I was going to insult you. I would have been far more crass. Simply put. You were wrong about my post. You obviously aren't going admit that. So any further discussion would be pointless. You responded to one sentence in my post that you took out of context. When you are cornered you do what you always do, post sarcastic one liners.

I don't always post sarcastic oneliners and I did read your post.  Your point was that high development costs have made it prohibitively difficulty to turn a profit and you named companies like Midway and TakeTwo as victims of this and that even proven money-makers of the past haven't compensated for this.  Please don't ever assume I missed a point.

Now I will try and salvage the points I touched on in my last post and attempt to explain why they're related to your point.  Madden is an important part of this because it's profitable on all consoles (including HD AFAIK) and it's visually improved in most incarnations.  It's also important because it shows a very interesting trend--selling high on PS3/360/PS2 and low on the Wii.  The biggest share of the money it brings is on the consoles that according to your point should probably be the hardest to turn a profit on.

Now if Madden can turn a profit, why can't the rest?  In cases like GTA4, they simply overestimate sales and spend too much time in development.  In other cases, like I mentioned earlier, they pick the wrong system to put the game on.  In even more cases, they lack an essential element that give others an advantage (brand-name recognition, quality, etc).  Whatever the case, you can't always point at the same factor and use it to explain everything.

And I apologize for any hostility in my earlier posts.

It's no big deal WoW. You are still one of my favorite posters on the site. We both got hostile. It's an internet forum it happens I could have been more clear on EA. EA has several titles like Madden, in the sports division alone, that sell boats loads of copies a year. I could have seperated EA from Take Two and gave them their own sentence with four or five of those titles. It just bothers me, eventhough I'm not an EA fan, that they can sell so much software and lose money. It shows a serious problem in the gaming industry.