By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - how the ps3 can WIN this generation

I stopped reading at upconvert dvds to look like blu-ray.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Around the Network

I am assuming this is a joke, because what was suggested is more like morphing the PS3 into Wii and as far as I can tell, there already is a Wii out there that fills this gap quite nicely. The PS3 would lose bigtime. What is keeping the PS3 afloat right now is brand and the fact that it is (IMHO) the best system out right now. Just an opinion not an attempt to get anybodys ass chapped!

360 fans are much better at ripping the shit out of the Ps3, makes me laugh sometimes. Wii fans on the other hand ...

Either this is a Joke post or you no ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about the PS3...

4 ≈ One

dude is that your pic? because thats the only thing more confusing than this thread

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

Around the Network

Does it really matter? I havent posted in the sales forum for about 6 months.
I watch the sales and all, but PS3 is a great machine. It's got some great games. Hey at least there will be another sale to me soon for Sony. :)

HahAha I might dislike Sony this gen but I'm sure as hell am not this stupid.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

-they should make a ps3 called ps3i which is pronounced (PEE ESS THREE AI). it will be like a ps3 lite it will be 50% slimmer and 50% lighter. all other ps3 models will be cancelled. existing ps3 owners must mail in their ps3s to get ps3is

How are they going to slim it down??? What will they have to cut out and shrink??? If they're changing the insides this takes time and money for R&D...

-it will feature no blue-ray just dvd playback
-my logic is that you can upconvert dvds to look like blue-rays right? so the games will just upconvert dvds to look like blue-rays so people can save on diodes.

Well... to some it my not be noticable but upconverted DVD's will never have the look of a pure well done BD movie. BD drives are pricey at the begining but in the future it's a great investment for SONY Pictures, SCE, and the BDA. Also no BD means that current games don't work... games are getting huge I might also add...

-it will have a motion sensor bar as well as a redesigned controller (the psp can also be used as a controller which would drive psp sales)

There are already games that use the PSP as a controller... it's not a widely used feature... What's the plus with motion sensor bar?? They might aswell just improve sixaxis or use something completely different that doesn't exactly require a controller that's Wii or PS3 like...

-there will be no hard drive only sd cards (following suit with nintendo)

You can already use SD card on older models... also USB ports, memstick slot, and Compact Flash. Also there are games that need installs. A big part of the PS3 is the large amount of DL games and content you can get from the store. It's pretty media heavy [video's, music, pictures]. There's just soo much wrong with this part of your post. An HDD in the PS3 IS A MUST. Just like BD it's not a PS3 without a HDD

-there will be no more online, but maybe but you would have to pay for it for sure

WhAT??!!! WTH not???

-it will be able to play all existing ps3, ps2 and ps1 games as well as new games called ps3i games which use the sensor bar.

How's it gonna play PS3 games without a BD Drive?? Also if it can play PS3 games want's the point of making new PS3i games/?? You're talking about a whole new system....

-it will be more family friendly and maybe the console would be red or something? definietely not black.

I like Black... you can get a red PS3 or have yours painted... What does the color have to do with anything????

-it will retail for $199

SONY will kill themselves with that price point...

4 ≈ One

Goddbless said:
I stopped reading at upconvert dvds to look like blu-ray.

I struggle to tell the difference, when I take my glasses off and stand more than a foot away (short sighted).

Okay. Let me give it a shot.

How the PS3 can win this generation:

1) Invent a time machine

2) Travel back in time

3) Make the Wii right before Nintendo does

4) Call the Wii the PS3

It was far too easy. Wasn't it?

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger