By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - how the ps3 can WIN this generation

hello I decided that I should share my wisdom with you people on how the ps3 can win this generation. although i am glad sony isnot winning for gimmicks this time and nintedo is back i feel like I should be the stronger person and give sonny some advice. here is my plan to skyrocket the ps3 back into the limelight

-they should make a ps3 called ps3i which is pronounced (PEE ESS THREE AI). it will be like a ps3 lite it will be 50% slimmer and 50% lighter. all other ps3 models will be cancelled. existing ps3 owners must mail in their ps3s to get ps3is

-it will feature no blue-ray just dvd playback
-my logic is that you can upconvert dvds to look like blue-rays right? so the games will just upconvert dvds to look like blue-rays so people can save on diodes.

-it will have a motion sensor bar as well as a redesigned controller (the psp can also be used as a controller which would drive psp sales)

-there will be no hard drive only sd cards (following suit with nintendo)

-there will be no more online, but maybe but you would have to pay for it for sure

-it will be able to play all existing ps3, ps2 and ps1 games as well as new games called ps3i games which use the sensor bar.

-it will be more family friendly and maybe the console would be red or something? definietely not black.

-it will retail for $199

This is my logic, well it would first be the cheapest console available and people would think hmm I want a ps3 now I can afford one! and why buy a wii? also think about it, people would have to PAY for online and PAY to use a PSP as a controller. think of all the revenue for sony. also please consider that the manufacuring cost would be so low. every ps3 sold would make at least $100 dollars.I hope I have provided a strong argument in my case . Please do not hesitate to reply with any suggestions. If enough people are interested I plan to e-mail this to Sony and tell them that they can use my idea only if they credit me.

This is my idea how the ps3 can win (even though I am more than happy with NINTENDOMINATION). Please post your ideas on how the ps3 could win this generation.

prediction: wii to sell 150million console by end of 2010

Around the Network

Just wow.

Complete fail

A Blu Ray less PS3 will not be able to play BLU RAY GAMES.

No HD ..... no ... just no.

No more online ...

Is this a joke thread?

there is not enough fail.

epic fail LBP gif anyone? >_

Horrible attempt at a joke... :-S

Around the Network

By giving a PS3 away with a happy meal, do you think that method will also be used to sell 150m Wii's by the end of 2010?

B_E_L_I_E_V_E

If Sony made this kind of change I would sell my PS3. And I am pretty sure they would go bankrupt before they could pull this off.

As for how Sony could win this generation, I think it's too late.

You're funny.

I'm a filmmaker, writer, and gamer. Add me on Xbox Live or message me!

XBL Gamertag: StraitupBeastin

"If enough people are interested I plan to e-mail this to Sony and tell them that they can use my idea only if they credit me."

Alright its a joke thread, a complete and utter crap one. Go home you're not funny .....

nightsurge said:
Horrible attempt at a joke... :-S

If you are going to call my opinion a joke then at least post some input. I believe this could allow Sony to win this generation this is my opinion. If you do not beleive a $199 console would beat the wii I would like to hear your better idea

prediction: wii to sell 150million console by end of 2010