By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - how the ps3 can WIN this generation

Xen said:
Aw c'mon. If you wanna make us laugh, do it better next time.

I miss Rol even more now T_T

Former something....

Around the Network

ARE you are complete fool? you NEED bluray to play games!

I hate pathetic attempts to get laughs like this, i mean at least make it realistic...

NO BLURAY WILL NEVER HAPPEN

Predictions

GT5 will sell 3.2million + first week on ps3 (made 06 March 2010)

FFXIII Versus will have higher Metacritic scores than FFXIII after the first month.... Bet going on with perpride - loser changes sig for a month

KH3 will be PS3 EXCLUSIVE - willing to bet removal from vgchartz for a month

Bundle it with a DS for $199, and it will win

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

they use blue ray discs for the games if they were to do that none of the old games would work it and it also sounds like you want it to be a wii copy cat                                                                                            

jellyfishprince said:

hello I decided that I should share my wisdom with you people on how the ps3 can win this generation. although i am glad sony isnot winning for gimmicks this time and nintedo is back i feel like I should be the stronger person and give sonny some advice. here is my plan to skyrocket the ps3 back into the limelight

-they should make a ps3 called ps3i which is pronounced (PEE ESS THREE AI). it will be like a ps3 lite it will be 50% slimmer and 50% lighter. all other ps3 models will be cancelled. existing ps3 owners must mail in their ps3s to get ps3is

-it will feature no blue-ray just dvd playback
-my logic is that you can upconvert dvds to look like blue-rays right? so the games will just upconvert dvds to look like blue-rays so people can save on diodes.

-it will have a motion sensor bar as well as a redesigned controller (the psp can also be used as a controller which would drive psp sales)

-there will be no hard drive only sd cards (following suit with nintendo)

-there will be no more online, but maybe but you would have to pay for it for sure

-it will be able to play all existing ps3, ps2 and ps1 games as well as new games called ps3i games which use the sensor bar.

-it will be more family friendly and maybe the console would be red or something? definietely not black.

-it will retail for $199

This is my logic, well it would first be the cheapest console available and people would think hmm I want a ps3 now I can afford one! and why buy a wii? also think about it, people would have to PAY for online and PAY to use a PSP as a controller. think of all the revenue for sony. also please consider that the manufacuring cost would be so low. every ps3 sold would make at least $100 dollars.I hope I have provided a strong argument in my case . Please do not hesitate to reply with any suggestions. If enough people are interested I plan to e-mail this to Sony and tell them that they can use my idea only if they credit me.

This is my idea how the ps3 can win (even though I am more than happy with NINTENDOMINATION). Please post your ideas on how the ps3 could win this generation.

There are so many things wrong with this, and everyone knows it, but just so you do I will list them out.

- Well for one, that'd probably end up in a lawsuit with Nintendo. Secondly, why on earth would you want everyone to mail in their current PS3s? Would you be expecting Sony to trade in for free, or make the owners pay? Either way it = FAIL

- Part of the reason the PS3 is where it is, is because it has Blu-ray. Do you really expect them to give up one of there biggest advantages? Would you also expect them to have to change out all the current BD game discs on the shelves for DVD versions?

- Have you seen PS2 games upconverted? Not much of a difference, it's much more difficult to upscale a game than a movie.

- I hear another lawsuit coming! We all know you're a Wii fan and all, but not everyone loves it that much. Alot of us like traditional games.

- I'm guessing you don't have a PS3 or 360 and don't realize that game installs are GBs in size, and even demos are quite large, SD cards aren't practical for HD content.

- Not only is Online gaming one of the biggest things of this generation, but FREE online gaming is one of the big advantages of the PS3, again taking it away = FAIL

- This actually isn't a bad idea, but backwards compatibility is becoming less and less wanted.

- The PS3 is plently family friendly, LBP? Flower? Some of the most family friendly games around. And what's wrong with Black, most electronics are silver or black, it fits in well.

- $199? You really expect Sony to be able to redesign the console, organize a complete restructuring of the games and sell it for $199?

As many have said, you essentially want Sony to make a Wii. It's not going to happen, and it if by some crazy chance it did, it would end up in Sony going completely bankrupt and losing everything.

I say this with respect, but your IDEA = FAIL

Around the Network
jellyfishprince said:
Theory said:
Sounds like you want the ps3 to be exactly like the Wii

finally someone gets it.

and guess why? because wii is #1 so it is logical.t hank you finally

Although I do not agree with your #1 statement, I will use it to my advantage.

If the Wii is indeed #1 and the greatest console ever like you claim, it would be completely ILLOGICAL to copy it, because you wouldn't be able to compete with the #1.

Look at all the iPhone copies, they don't sell nearly as well as the iPhone because they aren't the iPhone, the iPhone is already established and on a roll.

Why bother making a Wii copy cat when you can call up Nintendo and offer them your production lines.

Just out of curiousty, how old are you? If it turned out you were 12 I'd lose alot less faith in humanity.

jellyfishprince said:
Theory said:
Sounds like you want the ps3 to be exactly like the Wii

finally someone gets it.

and guess why? because wii is #1 so it is logical.t hank you finally

we dont need another wii

Nonsense. You cant just turn a PS3 into a Wii, no PS3 owners wants that

lol

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

I still think Jellyfish = Rol