By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony Copied Microsoft, But Where Is The Backlash?

"achievements" have existed on games since the dawn of time, way before Microsoft started using them, so I can't even see your argument.

Around the Network

And soon your gonna be seeing a MS copied Sony and Nintendo motion sensing controller since it's getting one very soon.

xbox live its steam.

and many games have archiements >_>

Jeronimo66 said:

When Microsoft introduced the NEW XBOX EXPERIENCE, all over the internet people SCREAMED COPY CAT, people accused Microsoft of  copying Nintendos' Avatar system, Sonys' XMB interface, and even Apples' Cover Flow Interface, feel free to reply on who else people accused Microsoft of copying with the NEW XBOX EXPERIENCE.

Now I am not here to argue wether Microsoft copied or not, but just to say this, When Sony first anounced that PS3 was getting an achievement system I didn't take much notice to it because It wasn't anything the Xbox 360 didn't already offer, but lately I have noticed that the tropy system on the PS3 is getting more and more popular, people talking about how much trophies they are getting, having their trophies in their sigs and so on, now I am not getting upset because of all this, my thing is where is the backlash that, Sony COPIED Microsoft? I have my own thoughts on why? but I just want to see what you guys have to say.

All I have to say to all you Playstation Fans is this, whenever you get the satisfaction of a trophy just remember who came up with the idea first.

Microsoft is innovativing in the videogame industry and not enough people is giving Microsoft credit with their mouth, just with their Wallets, Why is that?

Please leave your comments.

Thank You.

It's a two way road. There is resistance from 360 fans also about the things Microsoft has copied. I'm sure I could pull up examples of people bashing the PS3's XMB in favor of the Blades and then turning around and praising the NXE. It would be hard to find somebody on this site that hasn't been hypocritical at one point or another. I'm sure I'm guilty of hypocritical myself if I search my posts enough.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Eventually ideas all merge together. Companies- regardless of which kind- copy and alter winning strategies. If you let the fanboys annoy you then they've won ;\

Around the Network

"All I have to say to all you Playstation Fans is this, whenever you get the satisfaction of a trophy just remember who came up with the idea first."

xD.... well everytime you play a game remember Atari, for they're the first to make home consoles, and everytime you play online remember sega for they're the first to make online games.

PullusPardus said:
"All I have to say to all you Playstation Fans is this, whenever you get the satisfaction of a trophy just remember who came up with the idea first."

xD.... well everytime you play a game remember Atari, for they're the first to make home consoles, and everytime you play online remember sega for they're the first to make online games.

Magnavox was.

Jeronimo66 said:
This is my first thread post, I feel good, VG Chartz is awesome.

Take note PPL: This is how you follow up a kick ass inflamatory OP after a long ban!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

MontanaHatchet said:
Microsoft copied Sony with the Vision Camera, Lips, etc. Companies copy winning strategies.

Yes you are right but, vision games are not an industry standard achievements are.

Achievements are a must vision camera games are not.

Well for one, "Achievements" weren't created by Microsoft. Games year and years before the Xbox had things you could unlock and get rewarded for, so the idea is not Microsofts. Sure they implemented in a larger scale than just a single game, but they didn't create it.

Second, Sony didn't release Trophies with the PS3 because they saw no need for them, they only implemented them because fans asked for them. That doesn't seem too bad, fans asked for something, and it was delivered, that actually seems pretty good.

So like I said, you really can't say Sony copied Microsoft as it already existed in games, they simply did what their fans asked them to do.