By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony Copied Microsoft, But Where Is The Backlash?

When Microsoft introduced the NEW XBOX EXPERIENCE, all over the internet people SCREAMED COPY CAT, people accused Microsoft of  copying Nintendos' Avatar system, Sonys' XMB interface, and even Apples' Cover Flow Interface, feel free to reply on who else people accused Microsoft of copying with the NEW XBOX EXPERIENCE.

Now I am not here to argue wether Microsoft copied or not, but just to say this, When Sony first anounced that PS3 was getting an achievement system I didn't take much notice to it because It wasn't anything the Xbox 360 didn't already offer, but lately I have noticed that the tropy system on the PS3 is getting more and more popular, people talking about how much trophies they are getting, having their trophies in their sigs and so on, now I am not getting upset because of all this, my thing is where is the backlash that, Sony COPIED Microsoft? I have my own thoughts on why? but I just want to see what you guys have to say.

All I have to say to all you Playstation Fans is this, whenever you get the satisfaction of a trophy just remember who came up with the idea first.

Microsoft is innovativing in the videogame industry and not enough people is giving Microsoft credit with their mouth, just with their Wallets, Why is that?

Please leave your comments.

Thank You.

Around the Network

This thread feels like it's six months too late.

Yeah Sony copied them on the idea. Its not the first time 1 company has taken another companies idea and just changed it slightly.

I just thought it was funny how a lot people were all, "Achievements... meh." Until Super Stardust HD got trophy support, that is. Then it was, "Wooo, I'm a trophy whore!"

Also amusing was watching Eric Lempel describe achievements like they were a new and foreign concept. And doing it without using any variation of the word "achieve."

But I'm glad they did copy!

Yea I was banned so it is late I agree, I would have posted this a last month.

Around the Network

Microsoft copied Sony with the Vision Camera, Lips, etc. Companies copy winning strategies.

makingmusic476 said:
This thread feels like it's six months too late.

Yea I was banned so it is late I agree, I would have posted this a last month.

ur right sony did copy that but ps3 fans where screaming for it sony just cant ignore that

MontanaHatchet said:
Microsoft copied Sony with the Vision Camera, Lips, etc. Companies copy winning strategies.

Did nintendo copied sony?When they decided to focus on the casual gamers?

This is my first thread post, I feel good, VG Chartz is awesome.