By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony Copied Microsoft, But Where Is The Backlash?

Kantor said:
Also, remember there are more Sony fans on the internet than anything else.

There are probably more pedophiles than anything else. Sony fans are probably in fourth place, behind conspiracy theorists and Nigerians who need to access your bank account.

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
Yeah, but how many games use it? And it's not as good as the wii controller+ It can't do what motion+ can do.

Not sure about WM+, but just DS3 vs. WM, in terms of motion I am sure it can do just the same. The problem is developers making proper use of it.

To be honest though I wouldn't want PS4 and/or XBox720 to have Wiimote-like controllers. I enjoy having a difference between all of my consoles.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Perhaps Sony will be smart enough to give you both. And we all know Nintendo is going to come up with something new as well. I hope the other 2 companies as well.

Samus Aran said:

Perhaps Sony will be smart enough to give you both. And we all know Nintendo is going to come up with something new as well. I hope the other 2 companies as well.

Well I remember something about Sony working on a new controller a few months back. Next-gen might have some special things in store for us all, who knows?

In the end though the controller will mean very little since it will be the games we are most excited for.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

kowenicki said:
the damage control in here is a bit sad..... yes sony copied MS with trophies and yes MS copied sony on things... does it matter? why do the sony fans have to get so defensive?

Sony fans get defensive because they are constantly under attack on this site.  This thread is a typical VGChartz thread where the op praises MS and paints Sony in a negative light, 360 fans agree and act in mock horror when a few Sony fans come in to argue the counter point.  In short, stop attacking Sony fans and they will stop being defensive.

On topic, MS didn't invent in-game rewards, but they definately created the best system for it.  Sony copied achievements with trophies and I am glad they did.  I prefer trophies, but that is just my opinion.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

Around the Network

agreed sony DO coppy!!

considering the budget they have for their console this seems like complacency

Of course, Insomniac's Ratchet and Clank series had achievements back on the PS2. Did Microsoft copy them?

Deviation59 said:
Of course, Insomniac's Ratchet and Clank series had achievements back on the PS2. Did Microsoft copy them?

Did they? 

OP has some explaining to do.

Currently playing:

This website is 50% Sony 35% Nintendo 15% Xbox fans ... thats why there was no backlash.

Squilliam said:
Achievements are these awesome things that pop up and make me proud as a gamer.

Trophies are these annoying things that pop up and interfere with the gaming experience on the PS3. I put them in the same category as excessive updates/game patching.

Does that help anyone?

LOL Squilliam you are one funny dude.