By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is Uncharted And KZ2 The PS3 Gears And Halo Titles?...

@Squilliam

I challenge you to make a better one :P

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Around the Network
forevercloud3000 said:
No they are not. Playstation has never been a system defined by just a few games. It is the multitude of variety that makes it such a great platform. So while the XBOX has its Halo and Gears, Playstation has its wide selection that appeal to a very differing fanbases(Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, God of War, Little Big Planet, Grand Turismo, Motorstorm, Warhawk, Wipeout, Twisted Metal, Uncharted, Heavenly Sword, Valkyria Chronicles, etc)

Why do you even bother? Xbox 360 has Halo and Gears and PS3 has it's entire lineup? Real classy. Have you forgotten Fable? There are already two games released, which is more than I can say for some of that PS3 list, and the second title has 2.68 million in sales, which is more than I can say for Heavenly Sword, Ratchet and Clank Future, Little Big Planet, Motorstorm 2, Valkyria Chronicles, Uncharted, Wipeout, Resistance 2 and Warhawk. Actually there are only three games Sony has published for the PS3 that have done better than Fable 2, and two of those three titles have gone on to have sequels that sold remarkably less.

Let's also forget Forza Motorsport 2 which has outsold all Sony published games on PS3, including Sony's own heavily bundled racer Motorsport(in case you were thinking of using the "bundled" excuse against Forza).

Let's also ignore Mass Effect, Left 4 Dead, Project Gotham Racing, Crackdown, Viva Pinata, Perfect Dark, Splinter Cell, Dead or Alive, Lost Odyssey, Too Human, Blue Dragon, Kameo, Banjo-Kazooie, Infinite Undiscovery, Scene It?, Lips and Ninety-Nine Nights, which have all sold on par or better than the lowest selling game on your list(Valkyria Chronicles).

Sometimes I wonder why I even bother with you. Tomorrow you'll come back with the same tired arguments and people will show you up time and time again.

@the topic itself, I don't understand what the question means. If it's just whether those four games have similarities then yes I believe they do.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Onyxmeth said:
forevercloud3000 said:
No they are not. Playstation has never been a system defined by just a few games. It is the multitude of variety that makes it such a great platform. So while the XBOX has its Halo and Gears, Playstation has its wide selection that appeal to a very differing fanbases(Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, God of War, Little Big Planet, Grand Turismo, Motorstorm, Warhawk, Wipeout, Twisted Metal, Uncharted, Heavenly Sword, Valkyria Chronicles, etc)

Why do you even bother? Xbox 360 has Halo and Gears and PS3 has it's entire lineup? Real classy. Have you forgotten Fable? There are already two games released, which is more than I can say for some of that PS3 list, and the second title has 2.68 million in sales, which is more than I can say for Heavenly Sword, Ratchet and Clank Future, Little Big Planet, Motorstorm 2, Valkyria Chronicles, Uncharted, Wipeout, Resistance 2 and Warhawk. Actually there are only three games Sony has published for the PS3 that have done better than Fable 2, and two of those three titles have gone on to have sequels that sold remarkably less.

Let's also forget Forza Motorsport 2 which has outsold all Sony published games on PS3, including Sony's own heavily bundled racer Motorsport(in case you were thinking of using the "bundled" excuse against Forza).

Let's also ignore Mass Effect, Left 4 Dead, Project Gotham Racing, Crackdown, Viva Pinata, Perfect Dark, Splinter Cell, Dead or Alive, Lost Odyssey, Too Human, Blue Dragon, Kameo, Banjo-Kazooie, Infinite Undiscovery, Scene It?, Lips and Ninety-Nine Nights, which have all sold on par or better than the lowest selling game on your list(Valkyria Chronicles).

Sometimes I wonder why I even bother with you. Tomorrow you'll come back with the same tired arguments and people will show you up time and time again.

@the topic itself, I don't understand what the question means. If it's just whether those four games have similarities then yes I believe they do.

I am seriously starting to think you stalk my post as if to find dirt on me. firstly I was just saying that Sony's PS franchise has never had a "face" for the most part. It is the congregated mass of game franchises that represent Playstation, unlike MS with "HALO" or Nintendo with "Mario". You are just looking for a fight everytime I see you hit these forums. You remind me of an old man sitting on his porch, waiting for the kids next door to step on his grass so he can shriek at them. Get a life.

Greatness Awaits

No I think Halo and Gears are more important for the 360 than uncharted and kz2 are for the ps3.Halo and Gears are like the mario and zelda for the 360.

forevercloud3000 said:

I am seriously starting to think you stalk my post as if to find dirt on me. firstly I was just saying that Sony's PS franchise has never had a "face" for the most part. It is the congregated mass of game franchises that represent Playstation, unlike MS with "HALO" or Nintendo with "Mario". You are just looking for a fight everytime I see you hit these forums. You remind me of an old man sitting on his porch, waiting for the kids next door to step on his grass so he can shriek at them. Get a life.

So this is your dodge tactic? Accuse me of stalking instead of defending your b.s. argument? There is no evidence to support that Sony's consoles are defined by many different titles as opposed to Microsoft's console being defined by two shooters. I've given you examples. You've chosen to ignore them. Everyone knows that exactly how Xbox is defined by Halo mimics the way that Sony is defined by Gran Turismo. You can deny it all you want, but sales tell a far different story. On PS3 there will be Gran Turismo and then everything else. In fact, of the three consoles, the only one with any variation of defining titles is the Wii(Wii Sports/Play/Fit, Mario Kart Wii all gaining on 15 million each and counting).

I do enjoy your comparison that paints you as a child though. It's fitting.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network

Exactly why does the ps3 need a gears and halo? Ps3 is ps3 because it doesn't have gears and halo, if it did, it would be called xbox something

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

KZ2 and MGS4 destroy Halo and Gears, Unlike the 360 the ps3 doesnt just rely on two games.

The fanboyism in this thread is unusually higher than normal.

http://soundcloud.com/cathode

PSN: Parasitic_Link

@Onyx
Are you truly trying to say that people think of Gran Turismo when they think of Playstation? It may be Sony's best selling 1st party title but it is not what defines the playstation. When I hear people talking about Playstation their is a viariety of titles they boast about. When Ithink of popular titles on the XBOX, what comes to mind? Halo and Gears, Fable never even passes my mind until someone brings it up. Same goes for Nintendo and Mario. They have become synonymous with one another.

You are seriously delusional to think otherwise. Any self respecting gamer will tell you the same thing.

And you refute it as if it is being explained in this thread as a bad thing. No one is saying it is or isn't. Yet you find the need to bring about arguments that previously never existed.

And it was obviously not a dodge tactic for I still answered to your reply in the same post. I was just stating an observation of your primal need to find some kind of underlining fanboy rant in everything I post when their isn't one. I give honest, unbiased opinions and you always try to put me on the chopping block because of it.

Greatness Awaits

To me honestly its Uncharted / Tomb Raider , Halo / Metroid