By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is Uncharted And KZ2 The PS3 Gears And Halo Titles?...

Or Is there more to come?

Around the Network

No because Drakes and KZ2 are actually good.

The Halo francise is the most overrated bland game to ever hit the console market. It provides a bad name to all FPS that even showed effort at creating an original entertaining plot.

I probably have more ps3 games than you :/ 

CaseyDDR said:
No because Drakes and KZ2 are actually good.

What so gears and halo are not good?

Gears is pretty ok, it reminds me to much of UT though in 3rd person, well... basically because that's what it is, but Halo is just an embarrassment to every FPS. So basic, no depth, bad story, horriblely stale enviroment etc.

The Halo francise is the most overrated bland game to ever hit the console market. It provides a bad name to all FPS that even showed effort at creating an original entertaining plot.

I probably have more ps3 games than you :/ 

Nah dude....Uncharted is more like a platformer action adventure with tps style of gameplay gears is just plain TPS and KZ2 is too realistic and dark to be a Halo.

Around the Network

ps3's Gears:

KZ2 is the Team Fortress 2 of ps3.

http://soundcloud.com/cathode

PSN: Parasitic_Link

CGI-Quality said:
To answer the OP, there's more to come. It also really depends on demographics. A lot of folks that like Halo or Gears probably don't care for KZ2 and Uncharted and vice versa. So to reiterate, it depends on the demographic

I kinda meant the games that say yes this is why I want x or y.

Really random question. Not even that decent a comparison.

And of course there are plenty of big exclusives still to come.

CaseyDDR said:
Gears is pretty ok, it reminds me to much of UT though in 3rd person, well... basically because that's what it is, but Halo is just an embarrassment to every FPS. So basic, no depth, bad story, horriblely stale enviroment etc.

I'm guessing you've finished neither game, in fact I'd also guess you've not played them for more than 5 minutes if at all.  Gears has very little in common with UT except the engine and Halo 3 could never be described as an embarrassment even with its story flaws IMO.  You're entitled to your opinion of course though.

In answer to the OP, nope they're aimed at different demographics as CGI pointed out.

o lordy....here we go

killzone 2 is a great game, and finally a ps3 game that has sony owners playing "beyond" at least in the shooter department and ill admit that, its actually a game i wish was on 360, uncharted is also very good.

Now to say that gears is ok and halo is trash is just fanboy trolling to common in this site....i bet ur the same guy who was drooling in line when that resistance excuse of a shooter was releasing