By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is Uncharted And KZ2 The PS3 Gears And Halo Titles?...

@onyxmeth

I think you got who's suit looks like who's... Masterchief and the whole crew are the most generic group of cronnies to ever be mass produced.

Samus = original.

Masterchief = boring pre-ejaculate main character in 100 different games.

Comparing a masterpiece of gaming to Halo is crazy.

The Halo francise is the most overrated bland game to ever hit the console market. It provides a bad name to all FPS that even showed effort at creating an original entertaining plot.

I probably have more ps3 games than you :/ 

Around the Network

Halo VS KZ2 Gears competiton is in development.

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

no, no, and just no. lol...

Time to leave this thread...

CaseyDDR said:

@onyxmeth

I think you got who's suit looks like who's... Masterchief and the whole crew are the most generic group of cronnies to ever be mass produced.

Samus = original.

I didn't mean to imply that Master Chief came first and Samus was a copy. I just worded it backwards.

My question was whether that was it as far as a comparison? Similiar looking main characters do not make one game unable to be unique. I just don't see the overall comparison between Halo and Super Metroid.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Killzone 2 is nothing like Halo, and Uncharted is even less like Gears.

Killzone 2 is weighted and tactical, while Halo 3 is more run and gun than even CoD4. Or rather, jump and gun. It's not a bad game, it's just different. Resistance is MORE like Halo, but they're still worlds apart.

Uncharted is a platformer-shooter, with some puzzles thrown in. Gears is a complete cover-centric TPS. Pretty much nothing in common. Quantum Theory is the only PS3 title which is similar to Gears.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

I wasn,t comparing games I meant as in importance for each console.
We all associate Gears and Halo as the top games on 360 or at least I do.
I meant will the KZ and uncharted be the same.
I definitely was not trying to say one or the other was superior.

CaseyDDR said:

@onyxmeth

Samus = original.

I'm afraid you lost the argument entirely if you're describing Metroid games as a masterpiece (or even KZ2 if I've got your meaning wrong).  Also I'm pretty sure Metroid didn't enter the FPS arena till one year after Halo was released so who is really copying who?

slowmo said:
CaseyDDR said:

@onyxmeth

Samus = original.

I'm afraid you lost the argument entirely if you're describing Metroid games as a masterpiece (or even KZ2 if I've got your meaning wrong).  Also I'm pretty sure Metroid didn't enter the FPS arena till one year after Halo was released so who is really copying who?

I can't think of one game that's copied Halo, especially halo 1. The graphics were horrid, and all it provided was a poor system with a half way decent game in comparison to the rest of it's library, which is why it blew up. All Xbox had was DOA3 and Halo. Metroid Prime (each version) is far superior to Halo (each version) in every way, including graphics.

I'd much rather have the original Xbox than a 360 for it's MAME abilities. Most everything the 360 has that's worth playing is multiplatformed anyways, whether it's on PS3 or if the 360 recieved its mediocre copy from the PC. Seriously, what defining experience has Halo offered compared to other major titles, even Gears of War? Halo's time is over, COD took that medal away in ALL aspects, and at least that game has some depth to it. At least Microsoft new to stop while they were ahead.

The Halo francise is the most overrated bland game to ever hit the console market. It provides a bad name to all FPS that even showed effort at creating an original entertaining plot.

I probably have more ps3 games than you :/ 

If they could actually sale that much maybe, but since they will get no where even close, no.

reask said:
I wasn,t comparing games I meant as in importance for each console.
We all associate Gears and Halo as the top games on 360 or at least I do.
I meant will the KZ and uncharted be the same.
I definitely was not trying to say one or the other was superior.

Ah, I see.

Well, Uncharted and Killzone are not the two most important titles, although at the moment they are the most important first party titles, together with LBP. MGS4 is currently at the top (no, it's not going multiplat).

God of War will join them whenever it gets around to releasing.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective