By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is Uncharted And KZ2 The PS3 Gears And Halo Titles?...

No, they fall short on sales numbers.

Around the Network

i hope uncharted isnt ps3 gears

as for KZ it is comparison to halo only missing co-op but they might add it in or the next KZ will have it so yes for KZ besides ps3 has 2 good FPS now wit KZ and Resistance

i really hope the ps3 gets a more mature and violent TPS like gears with that type of environment someday though so no for uncharted its not ps3 gears its not m rated and is more adventure also

Play Me

I think that Halo 3 won't quite equal Gran Turismo 5, when it is released,  in terms of positive effect on the system, but it will be close. 

Moving to the second tier of games, very high quality, hyped exclusives that just won't have quite the system-selling effects of Halo or Gran Turismo, 360 has Gears, and it's questionable whether it stands up against God of War and Final Fantasy XIII versus.

I'm reluctant to admit other games into that second tier...If KH3 released exclusive on one of the HD consoles, that might be another second-tier heavyweight release.  But games like Killzone, Fable, Valkyria, Resistance, Heavy Rain, Alan Wake, Uncharted...all contribute to the allure of a system, but I don't think they contribute as heavily to their respective system's allure.  PS3 has more exclusive games in this category on the way.  Who knows though, subsequent games could set more of a fire than previous iterations (where applicable).

And then there's price, which along with the initial release dates makes up the real difference in the sales numbers of the HD consoles.

Loud_Hot_White_Box said:

I think that Halo 3 won't quite equal Gran Turismo 5, when it is released,  in terms of positive effect on the system, but it will be close. 

Moving to the second tier of games, very high quality, hyped exclusives that just won't have quite the system-selling effects of Halo or Gran Turismo, 360 has Gears, and it's questionable whether it stands up against God of War and Final Fantasy XIII versus.

I'm reluctant to admit other games into that second tier...If KH3 released exclusive on one of the HD consoles, that might be another second-tier heavyweight release.  But games like Killzone, Fable, Valkyria, Resistance, Heavy Rain, Alan Wake, Uncharted...all contribute to the allure of a system, but I don't think they contribute as heavily to their respective system's allure.  PS3 has more exclusive games in this category on the way.  Who knows though, subsequent games could set more of a fire than previous iterations (where applicable).

And then there's price, which along with the initial release dates makes up the real difference in the sales numbers of the HD consoles.

"God of War and Final Fantasy XIII versus."

God of War has only sold in the 2-3M range and FFVXIII isn't due out till when? End of 2010 in Japan?

Tease.

Warcraft II Top 100 for years over Kali

Starcraft Broodwar CAL American top 10, only 1 of 3 Terran players in top 100. Top 36 during the KBK Competition. (Sponsored)
(All starcraft gaming was done from Broodwar Release to patch 1.08, quit for WC3)

Warcraft 3 ROC top 20 from release to TFT (Sponsored)

Warcraft 3 TFT Top 10 FFA for a year, top 20 1v1 for a year

DOW Top 5 till first expansion (Partially Sponsored)

UT 1v1 Instagib Leader on provinggrounds and CAL (back and forth with a man named Snake) (recognized by Unreal)

Diablo 2 made me a bundle of money before ebay banned selling of online items, also before Diablo 2 was finally hacked.

I can go on and on, grats though on being good in a game you won't mention, most likely because its a piece of shit that is in the minority of competitive gaming. I also received DOW2 free to 'compete' and have been a part of the Starcraft 2 beta on and off.

Yep, go back to your noname game.

Next time you want to claim 20 years of online competitive gaming though, try to shorten the time so you don't sound like such a blaring liar.

Competitive online gaming in 1989, cool.

I understand you are one of those console fanboys, but a controller will never provide you the precision or accuracy of a mouse.

The Halo francise is the most overrated bland game to ever hit the console market. It provides a bad name to all FPS that even showed effort at creating an original entertaining plot.

I probably have more ps3 games than you :/ 

Around the Network
Squilliam said:

God of War has only sold in the 2-3M range and FFVXIII isn't due out till when? End of 2010 in Japan?

Meanwhile Gears has had 2 releases on 360 already, and PS3 is basically tracking 360 in console sales over the same period, at a much higher price point.

^Casey? Random.

Tease.

@OP

If you're talking about significance for each system :

TO ME, Right NOW, PS3 main games are Metal Gear Solid 4 and Killzone...

Other rightful candidates are Gran Turismo Prologue, Uncharted, Littel Big Planet and Resistance series.

Of course there's more to come:

*Gran Turismo 5 (full game) it's the biggest PlayStation franchise, period.

*God of War 3 (it became a major franchise late in the life of PS2, but its significance for PS3 and its awesomeness will be tenfold)

*Final Fantasy XIII and XIII versus. Even if XIII is no longer exclusive outside of Japan, the Final Fantasy name is still VERY much a PlayStation flagship. Versus XIII will definitely be a very prestigious game to grace the PS3 library.

*Untitled team ICO game. Another first-party title of great importance and also another game from a team that developed a masterpiece in the late life of PS2. Shrouded in secrecy still, only the very knowledgeable gamers have their eyes set on this one at the moment, but when its time comes it'll definitely be a shining star in the PS3 library.

Loud_Hot_White_Box said:
Squilliam said:

Meanwhile Gears has had 2 releases on 360 already, and PS3 is basically tracking 360 in console sales over the same period, at a much higher price point.

Your point is off topic...

Tease.

CaseyDDR said:
Warcraft II Top 100 for years over Kali

Starcraft Broodwar CAL American top 10, only 1 of 3 Terran players in top 100. Top 36 during the KBK Competition. (Sponsored)
(All starcraft gaming was done from Broodwar Release to patch 1.08, quit for WC3)

Warcraft 3 ROC top 20 from release to TFT (Sponsored)

Warcraft 3 TFT Top 10 FFA for a year, top 20 1v1 for a year

DOW Top 5 till first expansion (Partially Sponsored)

UT 1v1 Instagib Leader on provinggrounds and CAL (back and forth with a man named Snake) (recognized by Unreal)

Diablo 2 made me a bundle of money before ebay banned selling of online items, also before Diablo 2 was finally hacked.

I can go on and on, grats though on being good in a game you won't mention, most likely because its a piece of shit that is in the minority of competitive gaming. I also received DOW2 free to 'compete' and have been a part of the Starcraft 2 beta on and off.

Yep, go back to your noname game.

Next time you want to claim 20 years of online competitive gaming though, try to shorten the time so you don't sound like such a blaring liar.

Competitive online gaming in 1989, cool.

I understand you are one of those console fanboys, but a controller will never provide you the precision or accuracy of a mouse.

Loads of FPS games on that list to prove the value of your input in judging a FPS game.

"I've been a PC gamer for 20 years and have played every single major FPS in that time alongside many other genres I love."

That's a direct quote of what I said, the only person with a problem is you and your reading comprehension.  It does not state I was playing competitively or indeed online all those years.  Try learning to debate better by actually reading somebody elses argument.

For the record the game was Black Hawk Down, just in case you missed it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Df_bhd.  The fact the game was ported across to both xbox and PS2 meant it must of been a real piece of shit hey.

I understand you're a PC fanboy who is unable to grasp such a simple gaming device as a joypad so I'll leave you to your blinkered world.  Being a true multiplatform gamer who sees the merits in all formats I think I know who I'd trust on the opinion of any console game over a kid like yourself.  Also be sure on your facts before you call someone a liar, it makes you look an idiot (in this case looks aren't deceiving).

By the way nice job on sidestepping my Halo points you specifically asked for while you were so busy blowing your own trumpet.  Is that another debate you just lost so you ran away from.

Have a good day all the same.