By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
fabinou said:
I though DSi was released last week???

The DSi was released on Sunday in Americas. So it will be included in next weeks numbers.

Get your Portable ID!

End of 2009 sales predictions:

PS3 - 33 Million     360 - 40 Million    Wii - 75 Million

Around the Network

These numbers cannot be right, the 360 is too cheap, and the PS3 is too expensive for them to be this close, must wait until next week to see if this continues.

weak week for 360 Worldwide...

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Just a question but when the PS3 sells comparatively close to the 360 why do people assume that its either been adjusted up with numbers or that the numbers are wrong? Can't it just be the fact that people are wanting to pick up a PS3 because they enjoy the games out for it. Maybe people have been saving up every week and now is when they actually have all the money to pay for one.

Get your Portable ID!

End of 2009 sales predictions:

PS3 - 33 Million     360 - 40 Million    Wii - 75 Million

looks like koweniki figured out what happened.

Around the Network

Damn horrible, the X360 is almost getting crushed and deleted by the PS3.

X360 needs a price drop to $250 for the Pro 60GB immediately or else we can't win this generation.

Anyone know how much PS2 sold?

PS3 must have been adjusted up somewhere but regardless it's main competition is not lighting up the charts. Sony can easily get away with keeping the price constant due to all the software coming, that will sell systems and provide boosts. Then when Sony are happy with my guess being during winter time they will drop the price of the console.

Very impressive how the PS3 continues to sell pretty well at it's price, question is if that is due to brand name or something else. Software is pretty good to say the least but then again so is the 360's software, baffling stuff.

wow, PS3 selling very well...

Atari 2600, Sega Mega Drive, Game Boy, Game Boy Advanced, N64, Playstation, Xbox, PSP Phat, PSP 3000, and PS3 60gb (upgraded to 320gb), NDS

Linux Ubuntu user

Favourite game: Killzone 3

RPG said:
PS3 must have been adjusted up somewhere but regardless it's main competition is not lighting up the charts. Sony can easily get away with keeping the price constant due to all the software coming, that will sell systems and provide boosts. Then when Sony are happy with my guess being during winter time they will drop the price of the console.

Very impressive how the PS3 continues to sell pretty well at it's price, question is if that is due to brand name or something else. Software is pretty good to say the least but then again so is the 360's software, baffling stuff.

I don't get the brand name thingy.

nintendo and sega had the bigger brand name that didn't save them from selling terribly in the last 2 generations.

ofc the ps3 isn't selling well but for a third place and 400$ console this is pretty good for now.

so no it's not the brand name :)