By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
saicho said:
Maynard_Tool said:
So... Wii America > Ps3 WW??? mmmm and yet everyone celebrates ps3 japan > Wii japan =

you just have to point it out eh...

btw, it's a little late but good job on making it as a pilot!

Ha xD of course... I can't just let it go that easy.

**Thanks. Never late to congratulate someone ;)

Around the Network
mibuokami said:
Alic0004 said:
Seihyouken said:
kowenicki said:
@slimebeast

you do realise the PS3 is down 250,000 yoy and 360 is up almost 1,000,000 yoy

this is just one week in a very quiet month.

In his defense, PS3 has been the same price since at least November 2007 while the 360 is still seeing the effects of the major price drop just over half a year ago.

This year is almost an exact replica of last year with both consoles rolls reversed. The only difference is that the 360 isn't preforming as well as PS3 last year while the PS3 isn't preforming as badly as 360 did. It's also worth noting that while the PS3 did not have a price cut to compete with the 360 during the last holiday season, 360 DID have a price cut to compete with the PS3 during the holiday season of 07.

You're quite right that this week's sales (and last week's with the recent adjustments) should not be used to determine the course of this year's sales, but the fact remains that with the 360 at least half as expensive as the PS3 in every region, this really shouldn't be happening and the reality that it is shows significant evidence that the PS3 has a selling potential that is far above the 360's.

Lol, why is it that the sensible posts are always the most carefully avoided?

Anyone trying to take solace in the YOY numbers is simply totally ignoring the above, aren't they?

They are ignored because they do not produce debate.

When someone states ‘people need to breath to live’ there’s really very little room for argument, and thus they nod privately then get on to pick the argument that they can win.

Oddly enough, the post that I quoted above by Seihyouken is an argument.  While stating people need to breathe to live is not an argument.  Bad analagy there, I guess?

Now, I will agree that when someone makes a strong argument, it's often easier to nod privately, ignore what they say, and continue linking to the same numbers over and over again.  But simply linking to numbers you believe are important, without explaining to people your rationale for why those numbers are important, does not constitute an argument.

Did some big PS3 game release or somethin?