By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Well that's weird to say the least

Around the Network
TWRoO said:
thx1139 said:

PS3 jumps 2K week over week Standard fluctuation.

360 drops 20k week over week. Not sure... it seems an unusually large drop.

What would have caused this? Something doesnt seem right.

PS3 & 360 were adjusted from last weeks numbers. (see my post above)  

They both dropped about the same this week.

wow at PS3 numbers

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

theprof00 said:
@skeeuk
I'm with you on this one. In my other thread "theprof00's golden saucer" I ahd three people take me up on that kind of bet. No price drop for 2009 is what I forecast.

Not a chance. Their numbers are all well a good in comparison with the 360's during the slow months, but when the Christmas rush starts later in November PS3 will get crushed by the other consoles. PS3 isn't the Wii, it doesn't have the demand or the price point to go three consecutive holiday seasons at the same price point. If Sony doesn't man up and issue at least a $50 price cut before December, they're going to see even worse sales than last year's rather abysmal result.

wow ps360 gap was close

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
Im way surprised at how close the gap is... and with no new games either?

Next week PS3 should be above 360 with the FF13 demo.
And when the pricecut comes, then PS3 looks to leave 360 in the dust.

amen to that...n also just goes to show that a price cut is the only thing holding the ps3 back!!!n also gives a reason why ms is stealing ps exclusives!!!

PLAYSTATION® is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

ps3 and 360 really close i wonder why.

Yeesh, weird to see the 400 dollar PS3 so close the the 360 in US and Europe... The only factor I can think of being the announced games... do that many gamers really have a blog/forum addiction? Then again, Sony's had a stream of AAA games come out lately, which is a pretty big change from the last two years.

Seihyouken said:
theprof00 said:
@skeeuk
I'm with you on this one. In my other thread "theprof00's golden saucer" I ahd three people take me up on that kind of bet. No price drop for 2009 is what I forecast.

Not a chance. Their numbers are all well a good in comparison with the 360's during the slow months, but when the Christmas rush starts later in November PS3 will get crushed by the other consoles. PS3 isn't the Wii, it doesn't have the demand or the price point to go three consecutive holiday seasons at the same price point. If Sony doesn't man up and issue at least a $50 price cut before December, they're going to see even worse sales than last year's rather abysmal result.

They will drop to 300 next February. And dominate all of 2010 with GOW3 FF13 and VS GT. 2010 PS3 destroys the market

I was expecting an increase in PS3 sales but the 360 drop seems weird. It's Easter time, both consoles should be on the rise.