By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Uncanny Valley.......A Study & Examination with CGI-Quality...

TURN THE HEAVY RAIN HYPE LEVEL TO MAXIMUM !!!!!
Heavy Rain will be epic !

Around the Network

ok....so let me try and paraphrase. This is saying that we shouldn't try to make everything as real as possible because the slightest unrealistic flaw takes us out of the realistic mindset, but instead we should create somthing obviously fake,but emtionally and intelligently real????

Good read.

Games are getting more and more realistic, and that second CGI image looks actually real... thats pretty scary.

Lol...That was just a fanboy attempt at FANBOYISM.
I'll actually start reading that now. :D

The CGI woman thing was cool

Around the Network

So its your view of side of things ? Does this mean that zombies won't look scary if i looked at them with a different perspective ? Wow..I never thought of it that way. If my see a zombie i can see something is horribly wrong with it, but if you change it slightly , we can see something good ?

I really shouldn't be thinking too much.

I really love this stuff....remind me of ghost in the shell (which was like a beautiful

image of the future). I would love to see a real human like android in my life time

But for now HEAVY RAIN will be enough

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

I guess I have higher standards. When I watched the casting I was impressed by how she looked, but the movement of her mouth didn't make me want her to give me head.

Btw, this is great stuff right here, it explains the subtle disquiet I've had about many games this generation visually and for that I present you with a "Squilliam hugs and kisses" voucher which you may redeem at any time.

Its something of a relief, I enjoy being able to better understand how I react to things. Its kind of Vulcan in a way, and you've helped improve that understanding.

Tease.

So if I stop believing in zombies, since they are unrealistic, I wouldn't be creeped out ? So if this CGI woman looking at the mouse pointer was real, i wouldn't have creeped out?

I just had a thought, I better not show this to people with disability. I doubt they would react that well if I showed them that other people may react negatively to them as a matter of course.

Tease.