By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Uncanny Valley.......A Study & Examination with CGI-Quality...

@ CGI If you really like this stuff you need to buy a new computer every year just to keep up with technology.

Tease.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:

My God TRios, what game is that on Gametrailers? That looks fantastic, though I'm guessing it's CGI, but still impressive nonetheless!!!

@ Prophecy: Creepy right?

@ Squilliam: lol...Funny thing is, I would probably do something like that if I could afford it.

Yeah, it doesn't look like gameplay, so I'm guessing CGI as well.  It's called "The Secret World" and is in development for the PC and 360.  It's an MMO, and details are very sketchy, so I'm really only commenting on the CGI...  but it does look pretty kick-ass, huh?  As soon as I read your post it immediately brought this trailer to mind.

It is an interesting subject that I have read some about before. I have certainly seen some fine examples of it.

This may sound like hyperbole, but I truly don't believe it's too farfetched to envision The Matrix or a Star Trek holodeck within the very near future. Not in the next ten years, of course, but most of us will be alive to see it.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Good read CGI although that link to the girl that follows your mouse was a bit creepy to me. I guess probably because to she's in the uncanny valley.

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-

Around the Network

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pyhf3JmODHE

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

This thread is just filled with amazing graphics now >

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-

Strikes me there are two ways out of this here valley.

That-a-way is a mighty steep path, full of pits and crumbles. It'll cost you a lot to get out, and when you get there you find reality ain't all it is cracked up to be, no sir. It looks, well, kind of ordinary. Just the kind of reality you see every day and you will wonder what the point of it is.

But this-a-way there is a gentle slope out, and magic beyond. Nope, there's no reality, but there are blue cartoon hedgehogs, Italian plumbers, little guys in green hats, fairies, dragons and the whole world of the imagination.

I've seen many try the steep slope. They all want to be the first up there. But somehow they all come back with me for a bottle of milk, a bit of coin-collecting and then we go off huntin' giant mad spiky turtles.

Reality - who needs it?

Misleading title. Boobs missing.

@kowenicki:

must've forgotten to put the on it