By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Uncanny Valley.......A Study & Examination with CGI-Quality...

I find it kinda interesting to see that today's model, who get shiny latexy skin due to makeup and photoshop, look more like the women of video games (like MGS4). One is striving towards realism and another is striving toward fantasy.

Around the Network

Those are fantastic reads CGI, thanks for posting

@ CGI is the girl on the left the same or different to the girl on the right? I can't quite make it out with the angles.

Tease.

The girl on the left looks more realistic, to me compared to the girl on the right in your signature. Is there any reason for that, or is it just perspective?

Tease.

Very interesting. I like when threads of this sort make existence on vgchartz. "The More You Know"

Around the Network

I now kind of wish vgchartz had a section like this dedicated to learning more off of each other about anything related to games.

That Heavy Rain picture is in the Uncanny Valley.

hmmm...interesting indeed

say CGI you think Quantic dreams is trying uncanny valley as a new way of scaring ppl on video games...I mean it's said in there that robots that moves exacly like humans scare a person more that when they see a mechanical looking robot?

That was an interesting read, thanks for the post.

Have you seen this http://www.gametrailers.com/player/47696.html

Couple of caveats: I'm making no claims that this is the 360 version, OR that it is in anyway superior to Heavy Rain (that's not for you CGI, just a general note for anyone who would try to derail this topic).

That being said I think any of the shots of the protagonist here are really pushing this envelope as well...though not QUITE to the level of that last link you posted in your op!  Can you imagine what we'll be "interacting" with in the future?  Amazing, really.

lol that girl on the link you gave looks freaky!!!