By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Worldwide Wii sales are now only 4 million behind Xbox360 - closing the gap

gebx said:
Wii sales are not going to keep up at this pace forever. It's going to drop off at one point... hopefully for Microsoft and Sony it will be sooner then later. Edit: My guess (you can quote me if/when i'm wrong) is that Wii will not surpass the 360 this year.

Sorry to bring this thread back, and sorry for the quote, I had to do it. I know it's a long time ago.

This thread was linked to in the John Lucas thread, and re-reading it was amazing. It's great to see how things changed over the year. 

Around the Network

oeh benga..so evil..so evil

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Why don't we have threads like these anymore?

Think twice before helping a friend in need.

you mean wii sales are 4 million higher than xbox360, and the gap is widening.....right????

Wii console: 0595 8808 5698 2709
Super Smash Bros Brawl: 1161 1357 5188

Mario Kart Wii: 1633 4506 4319

PES 2008: 1633 5820 0347

DragonBall Z BT 3: 3823 9760 9484

Pokemon Battle Revolution: 3480 2645 9186
Feel free to add me, and sent me a pm with your Friend Code!!

Leni said:
you mean wii sales are 4 million higher than xbox360, and the gap is widening.....right????

This thread is from March

Think twice before helping a friend in need.

Around the Network
BengaBenga said:
gebx said:
Wii sales are not going to keep up at this pace forever. It's going to drop off at one point... hopefully for Microsoft and Sony it will be sooner then later. Edit: My guess (you can quote me if/when i'm wrong) is that Wii will not surpass the 360 this year.

Sorry to bring this thread back, and sorry for the quote, I had to do it. I know it's a long time ago.

This thread was linked to in the John Lucas thread, and re-reading it was amazing. It's great to see how things changed over the year.

hahahah.. nice.. to be fair to gebx though, john lucas was pretty much the only person who predicted it'd happen so fast.. even i had my doubts that it'd pass 360 sales by the years end

And JL also was the one predicting the X360 would do 13m this year.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

mrstickball said:
And JL also was the one predicting the X360 would do 13m this year.

Infinite Monkey Theorem?

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

Nice thread revival. Poor gebx.

Official member of the Sonic Support Squad!

Bet with OriGin: Within 1 year Super Smash Bros. Brawl will be ahead of Mario Kart Wii (when aligning the one whole year from each region). 2 week ban from Vgchartz for the loser. Edit: Darn! Looks like OriGin will win.

Wow John Lucas vs. The Source predictions.

The Source was actually damn close for PS3 [9.2mil] but a million high for 360, and 2 million low for Wii.