By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Worldwide Wii sales are now only 4 million behind Xbox360 - closing the gap

This was a pretty cruel revival.

Around the Network
SeriousWB said:
This was a pretty cruel revival.

But funny all the same!

Amazing to see this lol. Some of the stuff say back in March was pretty epic.

Xyrax said:
Amazing to see this lol. Some of the stuff say back in March was pretty epic.

Yeah, like stromprophet claiming that SMG and Brawl could not possibly compete with Halo 3 and GTA 4.  It looks like SMG is going to surpass Halo 3 by a fairly wide gap.  If I was a betting man, I'd put Brawl a bit below GTA 4, but I don't think GTA 4 will have enough units on Brawl to make up for the gap SMG is going to open on Halo 3.

Also, why didn't anyone call Strom out on New Super Mario Brother's sales?  Wasn't NSMB huge back in March or has its legs made it the sales behemoth it is today?

Death2009 said:
Alacrist said: At the most it will take Holiday sales.
Like it TOOK Holiday sales in 06? The wii will NOT outsell the 360 in america and it will NOT sell enough to overtake it worldwide in euro sales leaving Japan...which Sony will keep enough of the sales to prevent a big N worldwide lead. The article said the PS3 is struggling...selling 440k a month american on average is not what i call "struggling". Add Japan and it's 669k a month worldwide...Bias artilce not knowing the numbers.

How about this dude plz show your face so I can throw rocks at you... I may or may not be jk I'll have to think about it

Around the Network
washimul said:
jmcoo7 said: I think the ps3 will not be a major factor until 2008 , then i expect some major changes and developments . The wii will lead the xbox 360 by nov or dec at the latest . I expect they both will trail the ps3 by xmas 2008 . The numbers will be very close in my opinion between all three .
MOTORSTORM madness has already begun...........just to day at bestbuy i saw around 7 people each picking up a copy of MOTORSTORM . March is a big month for ps3 and it is expected to come very close to Wii in terms of monthly sales. i can safely bet that ps3 would sell 13 million units by the end of the year. If LAIR can meet the expectations then that figure would reach 20 m no doubt. ofcourse in 2008 ps3 takes total control..................with the PLAYSTATION EDGE i believe we would see SHREK quality games in no time. i can challenge anyone about ps3's prospect. HOME claerly dwarved any xbox live storm. MOTORSTORM i believe might have sold 500 k by now. (NA and JAP)
good old washimul

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Okay, wow. I wasn't here before Washimul was banned but he/she/it sounds A LOT like Crazzyman. Many capitalized/bolded words and names, stupid phrases ("playstation edge"), unrealistic expectations, and the general feeling that you're being screamed at by a 12 year old every time you read his messages.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

TheSource said:
Metroid Prime 3 will not be out this June...

And he was right. I really like that this site is cool about necro threads. Seems like everyone other forum I'm at it's a instant red flag for a mod to lock. =P

These old threads are always an interesting read. Particularly seeing even the optimistic estimates still being far afield and millions behind the numbers to date. It's like a slice of VG Chartz history, preserved forever, much to the embarrassment of anybody who predicted something as off-the-wall as the PS3 outselling the Wii before 2007 was out. :P

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.