By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - lol @ capcom : Resident Evil 5 - versus mode 1.86 MB download

I blame Guitar Hero for this DLC world we live in.

The only teeth strong enough to eat other teeth.

Around the Network
V-r0cK said:
Carl2291 said:
This really winds me up. Any new achievements in with this?

New Achievements -

- Army of One - Win 30 matches in Slayers.
- Eye of the Tiger- Win 30 matches in Survivors.
- The Team that slays together - Win 30 matches in Team Slayers.
- We Will Survive - Win 30 matches in Team Survivors.
- Keep the good times rolling - Chain a 20-defeated combo in Slayers.
- It takes two to tango - Chain a 40-defeated combo in Team Slayers.
- It's all about the points - Score at least 40,000 points in Survivors.
- There is no "I" in team - Score at least 80,000 points in Team Survivors.
- Let's get this party started! - Unlock all selectable characters in Versus.
- Bring the Pain - Defeat 100 players using physical attacks in Versus.

----

I cant believe they couldnt just add in the extra 2MB.  My love for this game just died a little, yet ill probably still get it.  Does anybody think Capcom might just let us download it for free anytime soon?

FFS -_-

I aint buying this at all. Infact... im sticking with my 1000 gs and swapping it. CBA with being ripped off

next stop,,,, You will have to pay for a DLC in order to fight the last boss,,,, and after that you'll pay a little more in order to see the ending,,,, weird times we're living in !!!!

I can only imagine what could have happened to resident evil 2 if dlc was all the rage at the time,,,, (the game can be played disc one then disc two, and disc two then disc one, add to that the Toffu and hunk things ,, and it was all free, if it was released today???? i dont want to imagine how butchered it would be)

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3), White Knight Chronicles (PS3), PES 2010 (PS3), Killzone 2 (PS3)

Games to Finish: Silent hill Homecoming (PS3), Valkyria Chronicles (PS3), Oblivion (PS3)

The DLC add no new graphics and no new maps and totally reuse the current mercenaries levels so honestly you can't judge by its size to know whether it was already in the game or not....

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

I did NOT buy Megaman 9 for this very reason.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network

I'll wait until RE5 is in the bargain bin now. Then maybe I'll consider getting Versus mode. :/ Capcom are assholes. :/

KylieDog said:
Khuutra said:
famousringo said:
It must be a fun process for them, deciding what content they can lock up and hold for ransom. They must actually sit down and decide what content they need to grab the customer, and what they can withhold to charge more money for.

So, if the content is actually on the disc and you're just downloading a "key" to unlock it, it's not really downloadable content, is it? We need a new term, like "locked content," or "consumer manipulation content."

The funny part is that things would look more palatable if they just kept this stuff off the disc and let you download it later. Then they'd be able to pretend that it just wasn't ready in time.

I wish you weren't right, but you are.

I want them to at least put in the effort of lying to me!

While I do not like paying for what is on the disc, it could be argued they are doing you a favour and saving you HD space by not having to download it.

Yes this definitely raises some weird questions if you think about it like that.

I think the important question is, would they have programmed this mode if they wouldn't receive revenue from it? I wonder if they just changed their mind at the last minute (in which case it's definitely a bad thing).

This sort of thing happens for other kinds of software, but gamers are definitely not used to it. With time this will either become common or publishers will just avoid PR problems by not doing this sort of unlocking.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

*Does the I told you so dance!*

All these years fellow PC gamers and friends that game treating me like the hobo who predicts the end of the world is neigh can now see my prediction come to fruition.

Greed is greed and man is man, in no form is the timber of man crooked that something strait can be made of it.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

KylieDog said:
Everyone ignoring the update last week that was ~25Mb and included stuff for versus?

Still, considering that it just re-uses stuff already on the disc for 99% of the mode this really is a piss take.

Seen the DLC for Soul Calibur IV? "Pay £3 and unlock everything in the game". That sort of crap use to be a cheat code, now we gotta pay for it? Bollocks.

Another game did this, Burnout Paradise if i'm not mistaken. It was $5 to unlock everything in the game.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

first, this is the huge disadvantage of dlc. what normally is in the main product has now to be bought.
secondly, You dont have to download it. as long as a lot of people are buying dlc it will get bigger and bigger.

In the end you'll episodic content. buy every level, car, track, map, weapon etc.