By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - lol @ capcom : Resident Evil 5 - versus mode 1.86 MB download

I haven't read all the responses yet, but has anybody else pointed out that it's only like 300-400 KB's on the PS3. the 1.8mb is for the 360's download.

Around the Network
IllegalPaladin said:
I haven't read all the responses yet, but has anybody else pointed out that it's only like 300-400 KB's on the PS3. the 1.8mb is for the 360's download.

You will all buy that feature. You will pay, you will play, you will feel «rip-offed» and you'll forget.

Lesson learned ?

Answer : Repeat

All this does is create a need to break it, I'm certain within the next year to year and a half if not already, devices will be sought after that make these things free, if they truly are already on the disc.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

@whiners

It seems to me that a majority of you seems to have zero understanding the difference between code and content. The majority of you seem to think that a game is actually rather large. Well the matter of the fact is that if you rip out graphics, audio, data files and the various apis that relate to graphics, audio, file management you will end up with a custom game execution file that will tick in at around less than 5mb. This does include games like MGS, DMC... game code is vasly tiny in comparison to the actual visual and audio content.

With 1.86 mb you can have an entire rpg engine

WoW 12mb(includes 3rd party engines for audio,video, data management, net tools). Total current game size 15 GB

Galaxy Online 2.7MB(includes graphics, audio, network, dm tools) 20MB

Quest For Glory Dos game 112kb(includes gfx, audio, dm tools), 4MB

Fallout3 14MB(ditto) 8GB

Frets on Fire 21KB(yes that's right 21 Kilo Bytes, ^^^) Current game size 10GB

Mass Effect 41MB(includes gfx tools and internal art, does not includes audio or physics tools), 10GB

Maple Story 3.5MB(includes gfx, audio,......), 1.5GB
Are you getting

Do you see anykind of pattern in this. The game code is typically a tiny fraction of the actual video and audio content. All it shows is that some games like ME have internal art embedded into the .exe.

Development for this 100KB to 10MB files take up 6 months to 4 years to develop. All you guys are doing is under valuing programmers.

Seeing a 1.86 MB file is an entire game content. All it means is that the audio, video content are already in place. Which makes complete sense. Level files can take up bytes. I've coded levels before they can be very small to very large depending on support data.

If you don't know much about how code works and the sizes involved don't comment. It's just ignorant to assume that MP game play code was already their and all your doing is "unlocking". That can be done with a bit flag and download at about less than 5kb. 1.86 is an entire game file.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

IllegalPaladin said:

Thats interesting... maybe the game actually filled up a full 360 disc, and couldnt fit on the last part of the DLC, then had to make it an official DLC item?

I now blame MS for this attrocity -_-

Around the Network
.jayderyu said:
@whiners

It seems to me that a majority of you seems to have zero understanding the difference between code and content. The majority of you seem to think that a game is actually rather large. Well the matter of the fact is that if you rip out graphics, audio, data files and the various apis that relate to graphics, audio, file management you will end up with a custom game execution file that will tick in at around less than 5mb. This does include games like MGS, DMC... game code is vasly tiny in comparison to the actual visual and audio content.

With 1.86 mb you can have an entire rpg engine

WoW 12mb(includes 3rd party engines for audio,video, data management, net tools). Total current game size 15 GB

Galaxy Online 2.7MB(includes graphics, audio, network, dm tools) 20MB

Quest For Glory Dos game 112kb(includes gfx, audio, dm tools), 4MB

Fallout3 14MB(ditto) 8GB

Frets on Fire 21KB(yes that's right 21 Kilo Bytes, ^^^) Current game size 10GB

Mass Effect 41MB(includes gfx tools and internal art, does not includes audio or physics tools), 10GB

Maple Story 3.5MB(includes gfx, audio,......), 1.5GB
Are you getting

Do you see anykind of pattern in this. The game code is typically a tiny fraction of the actual video and audio content. All it shows is that some games like ME have internal art embedded into the .exe.

Development for this 100KB to 10MB files take up 6 months to 4 years to develop. All you guys are doing is under valuing programmers.

Seeing a 1.86 MB file is an entire game content. All it means is that the audio, video content are already in place. Which makes complete sense. Level files can take up bytes. I've coded levels before they can be very small to very large depending on support data.

If you don't know much about how code works and the sizes involved don't comment. It's just ignorant to assume that MP game play code was already their and all your doing is "unlocking". That can be done with a bit flag and download at about less than 5kb. 1.86 is an entire game file.

The point really isn't if it was on the disc it's that it wasn't already on the disc.

Ha! Take that condecending tone of text!

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Great Capcom. Yet another plus for my sig.