By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - lol @ capcom : Resident Evil 5 - versus mode 1.86 MB download

I think it's quite cool.

I'm running out of space as it is.

This is gonna take up nothing.

I'd rather they put the GTAIV on the disc and I download a small file to unlock it than take up a big chunk of my disc and stop me installing another game.

20GB sucks.

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
Baggins said:
Just because it's already on the disc doesn't mean it's a rip off.

It's how much extra work went into this mode that decides that...You guys don't have a clue.

Are you seriously trying to defend them having us pay money to play something that's already on the disc?

What's it aready on the disc got to do with anything?

If you bought a PS3 bluray compilation that had 3 games on one bluray and only paid normal price and you had to pay extra to "unlock" the other 2 would you complain?

If the answer is yes, then you obviously don't realise that you are paying for the developers investment. Not a DISC!

If the answer is no, then you agree with me...

So what's it to be mister ;)

Baggins said:
Khuutra said:
Baggins said:

It's how much extra work went into this mode that decides that...You guys don't have a clue.

Are you seriously trying to defend them having us pay money to play something that's already on the disc?

If you bought a PS3 bluray compilation that had 3 games on one bluray and only paid normal price and you had to pay extra to "unlock" the other 2 would you complain?

If the answer is yes, then you obviously don't realise that you are paying for the developers investment. Not a DISC!

Hold on

My brain is ttrying to escape out of my nose

All right I got it

Anyway, yes. I would be absolutely furious. Because, to my understanding, I already paid for the content on that disc. This sets exactly the kind of precedent that we one hundred per cent do not want to set. If they want me to pay for an "investment" somewhere else, then that data better damn well not be on the piece of software I already paid for, especially when it's for a standard game mode. That, to me, is not an acceptable practice, and that Capcom would try to pull a fast one on us is so infuriating that I absolutely refuse to contemplate actually participating in this song and dance.

I bought the Game Guide and it has the walkthrough for all the DLC fully detailed...and in very small letters at the bottom of one of the pages it says "DLC to be released soon" So they clearly took it out of the original game.

ps3-sales! said:
Khuutra said:
ps3-sales! said:
puffy said:
You wouldn't get this rubbish on Wii. Nintendo are against microtransactions for this exact reason.

Nintendo is also against DLC, high definition, a good storage from launch, good online, and good ports of 360/ps3 games. And obviously, you wouldn't get this rubbish on Wii because it can't handle RE4, let alone RE5.

Man, what?

Yes it has RE4, but that doesn't mean it can handle good. The graphics are better on the ps2 and gamecube from 6 separate reviews i read. Sorry i should have included it in my comment.

lol fail.  I've beaten both the GameCube and WIi versions, and the Wii one looks better.

Your other fails:

1. DLC: Yeah, Guitar Hero, Rock Band, and Super Smash Bros. don't have DLC

2. Ports: Yeah, Nintendo is against having good games on their system.  It's not the developer's fault for making a bad Wii game at all.

3. Storage: Who cares about storage 'from launch'?  They have good storage 'now, which is all that matters.  The 360 Arcade originally didn't come with ANY way to save games, and you had to buy a memory card separately--what's your excuse?

Edit: On topic, it's not necessarily already on the disc.  From what I've read, there aren't many new textures or anything, as it reuses levels, character models, gun models, etc.  It's possible that this download is just some new code and whatever text they need to slap onscreen.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network
Khuutra said:
Baggins said:
Khuutra said:
Baggins said:

Hold on

My brain is ttrying to escape out of my nose

All right I got it

Anyway, yes. I would be absolutely furious. Because, to my understanding, I already paid for the content on that disc. This sets exactly the kind of precedent that we one hundred per cent do not want to set. If they want me to pay for an "investment" somewhere else, then that data better damn well not be on the piece of software I already paid for, especially when it's for a standard game mode. That, to me, is not an acceptable practice, and that Capcom would try to pull a fast one on us is so infuriating that I absolutely refuse to contemplate actually participating in this song and dance.

I agree, Capcom should not have held back this mode. This is more an issue of whether Capcom deliberately held back a mode that didn't take them any longer to implement than would be expected as part of making the main game. I'm with you really on every point you make. It's not a good precedent, indeed, dlc in general makes my skin crawl. But if we assume that dlc is "ok" for arguments sake, then the fact that it is already on the disc isn't nessacarily the deciding factor on if it is a con.

Paying for extra characters in Soul Calibur 4 is a con beyond doubt.

Paying for an extra chunk of game that cost the developer more than they would have otherwise outlayed is not a con.

The fact of it being on the disc is surely irrelevent. It's a little bit like when you buy Windows Vista for example, the key you enter when you first install it will decide the version that gets installed, even though the whole thing is already on the disc you install from.

I dunno....Mixed feelings on this, as it is open to exploitation by doing it this way.

Sounds like I'm contradicting myself but I hope you can see what I mean. It's a bit much to just blanketly say "if it's on the disc already the company are taking the pi$$" no?

If we disagree on the specifics, here, we can agree that Capcom is generally bad about this, right? This is the same company that was selling us costumes in Street Fighter IV.

Khuutra said:
If we disagree on the specifics, here, we can agree that Capcom is generally bad about this, right? This is the same company that was selling us costumes in Street Fighter IV.

I'm not sure if you're talking to me when you say this, but if so, yes, we agree. :-S

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

I was really talking more to Baggins, but it seems we're all in general agreement here, even if it's not necessarily true for this specific case.