By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - lol @ capcom : Resident Evil 5 - versus mode 1.86 MB download

Khuutra said:
If we disagree on the specifics, here, we can agree that Capcom is generally bad about this, right? This is the same company that was selling us costumes in Street Fighter IV.

Was that directed at me? Yes, we definitely agree.

(Randomly popping in on the discussion ftw)

Around the Network

It must be a fun process for them, deciding what content they can lock up and hold for ransom. They must actually sit down and decide what content they need to grab the customer, and what they can withhold to charge more money for.

So, if the content is actually on the disc and you're just downloading a "key" to unlock it, it's not really downloadable content, is it? We need a new term, like "locked content," or "consumer manipulation content."

The funny part is that things would look more palatable if they just kept this stuff off the disc and let you download it later. Then they'd be able to pretend that it just wasn't ready in time.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

wfz said:
Khuutra said:
If we disagree on the specifics, here, we can agree that Capcom is generally bad about this, right? This is the same company that was selling us costumes in Street Fighter IV.

Was that directed at me? Yes, we definitely agree.

(Randomly popping in on the discussion ftw)

Hey, I resent almost invisible jabs XD

Least I had posted once just before his post...

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
famousringo said:
It must be a fun process for them, deciding what content they can lock up and hold for ransom. They must actually sit down and decide what content they need to grab the customer, and what they can withhold to charge more money for.

So, if the content is actually on the disc and you're just downloading a "key" to unlock it, it's not really downloadable content, is it? We need a new term, like "locked content," or "consumer manipulation content."

The funny part is that things would look more palatable if they just kept this stuff off the disc and let you download it later. Then they'd be able to pretend that it just wasn't ready in time.

I wish you weren't right, but you are.

I want them to at least put in the effort of lying to me!

I hope I can somehow avoid buying this. I've already put in over 25 hours in this game. I need a few more achievements.

Not a 360 fanboy, just a PS3 fanboy hater that likes putting them in their place ^.^

Around the Network
shinyuhadouken said:
I hope I can somehow avoid buying this. I've already put in over 25 hours in this game. I need a few more achievements.

dont avoid! buy! buy! buy! buy! buy! buy! buy! buy! buy! buy! buy! buy! buy! buy! buy! ...have i convinced you to buy it yet? :P

Khuutra said:

lol that completely slipped my mind. It's not often on a message board people change their opinion from reading what others have written. But you do have a damn good point with what you say.

I'm not buying. Next time if they want to do an action co-op game, make it play like an action co-op game.

HideoK said:
@Coktoe

You shouldn't ever let optional DLC influence your decision to play such an awesome game. So what if the VS mode is not included. The online co-op through the story far outweighs a missing game mode like VS that was never even included in RE4 so why should they include it in RE5! Had the RE5 Mercenaries mode been missing than that would be another story.

You should still buy it. And pick up RE3 to complete your collection (if you can get past the outdated graphics), Nemesis was such an awesome game too!

Just a quick note (don't bother to answer, or if you will, don't expect me to read the message; I might not want to check this thread again): How do you think it affect their actions if you buy the game? Yep, they think everything's fine, nothing wrong. They'll just keep releasing these things.

puffy said:
You wouldn't get this rubbish on Wii. Nintendo are against microtransactions for this exact reason.

Actually one of the first Wii Ware games -- the FF:CC game -- has a lot of microtransactions.

And many games have DLC for cash -- the music games at least.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV