By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - I believe this site has some modding issues

Wfz wants to be a mod

/thread

EDIT: I'm surprised I haven't been made into an example yet.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
Shadowblind said:

Your gonna have authority problems anywhere you go. Just don't insult the Wii here and you should be fine.

Oh come on, don't say dumb generalizations like that.

Seconded. I mean you can say Im too sensitive but what shadowblind says makes the threads annyoing to read. Another posts he said this site is 95% Nintendo fanboys. Something along those lines.

DMeisterJ said:
SEECE SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN BANNED.

That said, lots of people have posted much worse than him, and have gotten away with it. People like Starcraft can troll up and down a thread, but when I report him for obvious trolling, apparently it's not, since he uses double-speak and hyperbole.

I don't understand how resident trolls are not banned while people who do change after bannings are. seece used to be such a xbot, but he's really changed his tune, and Starcraft used to be an xbot, and is an even bigger xbot. But he is still here for some god-awful reason. I just don't understand how there is no cut and dry rules for trolling and not trolling. Seems like some people get to reside here, and troll over and over again with no reprocussions for no good reason, and never change. But the people that are, get banned. What a backwards way of thinking.

Seece got banned? What'd he do? o_O I haven't seen much of Starcraft, personally...

@Whoeverpostedabovethis: Yes, and it also appears those same people I'm referring to can't take jokes.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

You guys, this topic was made for the purpose of discussing whether or not we need new mods to help around the site to make sure things stay in line. From what I've witnessed, mods often rely on users a lot (a bit too much in my mind) compared to other sites, and I believe the problem stems from us not having enough mods to keep things in line.

If you guys want to call out certain users (like Theprof00 seems to think so) then please do so somewhere else. If you wish to debate about whether someone was appropriately banned or not, please do so somewhere where appropriate, but please not here.

Shadowblind said:

Your gonna have authority problems anywhere you go. Just don't troll, spam, flame, or insult users and you should be fine.

Fixed that for you :)

Really dude, do you think people get banned cause they insult the Wii or is it actually because they're trolls?

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network
Shadowblind said:

Your gonna have authority problems anywhere you go. Just don't insult the Wii here and you should be fine.

You used to be cool.

Stop being uncool. Stop it right now!

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

MaxwellGT2000 said:
Shadowblind said:

Your gonna have authority problems anywhere you go. Just don't troll, spam, flame, or insult users and you should be fine.

Fixed that for you :)

Really dude, do you think people get banned cause they insult the Wii or is it actually because they're trolls?

Lol, from personal experience yes, but that post was a joke :P read my last post in this thread.I also like to poke some fun at the wii users here because I thought they usually take most jokes in stride. I guess I should be more clear with my jokes here, though I thought anybody who has read my past posts would have figured that.

As for me, I said something along the lines of "I don't really think Wii fit is much of a game, and Heavenly sword was the most god-awful peice of DMC knockoff fecies I'd ever played" and I got banned.

When I came back, my message read along the lines of "some people do think Wii fit is a game." I seriously laughed out loud.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Shadowblind said:
DMeisterJ said:
SEECE SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN BANNED.

That said, lots of people have posted much worse than him, and have gotten away with it. People like Starcraft can troll up and down a thread, but when I report him for obvious trolling, apparently it's not, since he uses double-speak and hyperbole.

I don't understand how resident trolls are not banned while people who do change after bannings are. seece used to be such a xbot, but he's really changed his tune, and Starcraft used to be an xbot, and is an even bigger xbot. But he is still here for some god-awful reason. I just don't understand how there is no cut and dry rules for trolling and not trolling. Seems like some people get to reside here, and troll over and over again with no reprocussions for no good reason, and never change. But the people that are, get banned. What a backwards way of thinking.

Seece got banned? What'd he do? o_O I haven't seen much of Starcraft, personally...

@Whoeverpostedabovethis: Yes, and it also appears those same people I'm referring to can't take jokes.

He did some very light trolling that was no less ban-worthy than posts I read in every thread.

wfz said:

First of all, let me say that I have no big gripes with the modding system or any mod in particular. My only problem is that mods expect us regular users to look around and report all the trolling, flaming, etc posts we see that break the rules, and report the posts to the mods. In essence, this means that us regular users are actually doing half of the mods' work! Why don't the mods do all of this themselves?

Are you mods too lazy, too captivated by looking at the cool colors in your screenname, perhaps spending too much time worrying about your screenname colors, or He he thats funny stuff

(and here comes the serious part)

(YES, THAT MEANS THESE PREVIOUS POINTS WERE MERELY SARCASM AND FLUFFY HUMOR. MY GOD, PLEASE DON'T TAKE THEM SERIOUSLY, PEOPLE)

are there not enough mods on this site? No i think there are about as many needed No, this is not the part where I start throwing around names of people (including myself) who should be mods (  :P  ), but I think this is something that should be discussed if it hasn't already. It seems like the mods rely on regular users a bit too much, and don't do enough of the work themselves. Why should the users get this responsibility put on them when they're just here to enjoy the great times on this site, and it's the mods' jobs to mod? Yes it is ur right

What do you guys think? Should so much of the burden be placed on the regular users when we have mods who's job it is to do this stuff? No the users are just peasants they should only worry about posting on the site Why do we have to do so much work? I guess that how this site runs things look at the Game Data Base users contributing pics and games for some VGC$ and even myself making the console bundle and pricing history that can be seen and u can even post in its in my sig i have gotten no credit for it and probably never will it wont even get skickied

On other sites I never see this problem, but it's extremely prevailent on this site. I believe the problem is that we don't have enough mods. Sometimes when I see a mod post in a thread where there is an extremely blatant case of trolling and doesn't do anything about the user, I sometimes question the situation... but I'm not going to delve into that.

Anyways, I believe we need more mods to help around the place.

Thoughts? Yes some more would help i also think like u said it should be the Mods job to do things also DMJ wants to be a Mod I say they should let him he seems like a mature adult and someone who wants to change things on this site involving flaming and trolling posters

EDIT: Insert "role" instead of "job" if it makes you feel happier. :P

Summary: From what I can tell, there either aren't enough mods on this site to thoroughly cover everything, or the mods that we do have don't have enough time on their hands to thoroughly cover everything.

My solution? I believe we need more mods to help around this place and make VGChartz a cleaner and happier place.

Play Me

Maybe we should introduce a handful of "interim mods" that have modship for a limited time and see how the increase works out? If it works out, they stay, if there is no noticeable effects in terms of balancing, we scratch the whole idea.