By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - I believe this site has some modding issues

Nevermind me!

Around the Network

I lot of mods show Wii favoritism say something moderatly bad or point out that you are unhappy some game goes to Wii and bam you are banned yet it seems you can say anything about Sony and get away with it.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

I don't think there's an issue with the number of mods , I think it's more to do with the standard of mods we have on the site.

For the most part they are excellent but minority of them comes incosistent/unfair bans , extreme bias/trolling etc .

City17 said:
kirby007 said:
Vote for me and I will drive the corruption out of the vgcsystem!

With you and your army of alts there would be no need for any other ;)

viva la wii

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Maybe thousands of moderators trawling the forums is not the answer but good communication always is.

If we are to rely on the users reporting potential problems then I think it not unreasonable to expect feedback on any outcome positive or negative. I am not suggesting you enter into a debate simply a response.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.
Around the Network

I don't see what's wrong with having users report what they think are bannable offences. The bottom line is that the majority of trolling and flaming users do get banned for their bad actions which means the system in place is working fine the way it is.

Signature goes here!

Since my ban I really haven't really been into the site anymore. Yes I flamed a troll a little but I don't see how I exactly hurt a trolls feelings. The mod whom banned me agreed with my points but said I was way out of line. Especially when the first "bad" part of my post was mostly sarcasm directed at a troll. Then I continued to speak in a more civilized manner but the mod did not see this and decided to throw the banhammer at me instead of the troll.

Guess it is an banable offense to prove someone wrong. :/

FootballFan - "GT has never been bigger than Halo. Now do a comparison between the two attach ratios and watch GT get stomped by Halo. Reach will sell 5 million more than GT5. Quote me on it."

NanakiXI said:
Since my ban I really haven't really been into the site anymore. Yes I flamed a troll a little but I don't see how I exactly hurt a trolls feelings. The mod whom banned me agreed with my points but said I was way out of line. Especially when the first "bad" part of my post was mostly sarcasm directed at a troll. Then I continued to speak in a more civilized manner but the mod did not see this and decided to throw the banhammer at me instead of the troll.

Guess it is an banable offense to prove someone wrong. :/

In general, it's best not even to acknowledge trolls since all they want is attention, even if it's to prove them wrong.  :-p

The best thing you can do with a troll is to just report them and move on.

Soriku said:
Shadowblind said:

Your gonna have authority problems anywhere you go. Just don't insult the Wii here and you should be fine.

Oh come on, don't say dumb generalizations like that.

Yeah! It's only 99% True!

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive