By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - I believe this site has some modding issues

MontanaHatchet said:
Am I the only one getting sick of all this debating? It's almost like Wfz is too scared to admit that he is wrong. This has to be one of the few big debates on the site that made me feel like there was a nail being driven into my head. It's one thing to question, it's another thing to over-analyze every freakin' aspect of every freakin' thing imaginable. You keep on saying that mods rely too much on people reporting posts. They don't. Part of dealing with someone is knowing if people actually care. If someone trolled but nobody seemed to care, it's a lot less likely that a mod would take action. This is why people can also choose in real life to press or deny to press charges against a person for an offense towards them.

Just admit you're wrong about this. I've been through so many boring arguments today that went nowhere.

This was never really a debate Montana, as I was just stating my opinion and I'm open minded, and I'm just trying to figure out everything. I don't know why you bother to come back and read this thread if it's so annoying to you. Funny thing is, I think you're reading into my words a little too much. heheh, ironic eh? :P

Sorry to all of you if it seemed like I was over-analyzing everything, I guess I got a bit carried away. While looking at this whole subject, I was just comparing VGChartz to IGN and other sites I've visited, and I'm picking out the differences in modding that I've seen, and I'm questioning why it's different. Thanks to everyone who gave me answers and insights, and no thanks to Montana for only making bitching posts in this thread. If you got nothing to contribute, don't bother, man. You don't need to be an ass, either. :P

Torillian, the special privilages I meant were the ability to ban people and having colors in your screen name. :P Sorry for not specifying earlier, I thought you knew what I was talking about so I was just short-handing it.

EDIT: And yes, having colors is that awesome.

Bodhesatva, thanks for detailing that. Being a regular user, I'm sure many others and I were unaware of exactly how it worked. It's nice to hear how the system works a little.

Around the Network

i agree more mods, less 'regular users' having to do their dirty work.

I am completely happy with the mods and the job they do around here. Every time I have needed help with something they were happily there for me.

Also every time some moron shows up thinking that they can be mean and bully people, those people end up having time off the site. Works great for me.

The truth is that VGChartz is such a great community that IMHO it keeps alot of people restrained for fear of becoming outcast. There is no reason to turn this into a police state. Why bother someone who is borderline unless someone complains?

Don't take this site for granted and show some appreciation for what we get!
Everyone please stop complaining!

Vote for me and I will drive the corruption out of the vgcsystem!

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:

With you and your army of alts there would be no need for any other ;)

Around the Network
City17 said:
kirby007 said:

With you and your army of alts there would be no need for any other ;)

I was thinking the same exact thing. 

The Kirby007 Alt Mod Squad.

I think it has been much better lately since they brought 2 new mods on board. It isn't that hard or an inconvenience to click the "report post" button. The site gives us more than enough, I see no reason to start complaining now.

How often do you find a site or forum area like this? Majority of them around the net can't even hold a decent conversation for 10-15 posts before breaking out into flame wars.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

VGChartz FTW!

Its pretty obvious that certain mods have vendettas against certain users...a certain user was banned for bumping his own thread (a tad harsh i think) by a mod who once described him as being 'the most annoying user on the site' so...maybe there is a mod issue. But they do do the best job they can considering we outnumber them about 1000 to 1

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

^^^
It takes a lot of integrity to not hold grudges or a bias towards someone, which the majority of people EVERYWHERE lack.

wfz said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Am I the only one getting sick of all this debating? It's almost like Wfz is too scared to admit that he is wrong. This has to be one of the few big debates on the site that made me feel like there was a nail being driven into my head. It's one thing to question, it's another thing to over-analyze every freakin' aspect of every freakin' thing imaginable. You keep on saying that mods rely too much on people reporting posts. They don't. Part of dealing with someone is knowing if people actually care. If someone trolled but nobody seemed to care, it's a lot less likely that a mod would take action. This is why people can also choose in real life to press or deny to press charges against a person for an offense towards them.

Just admit you're wrong about this. I've been through so many boring arguments today that went nowhere.

This was never really a debate Montana, as I was just stating my opinion and I'm open minded, and I'm just trying to figure out everything. I don't know why you bother to come back and read this thread if it's so annoying to you. Funny thing is, I think you're reading into my words a little too much. heheh, ironic eh? :P

Sorry to all of you if it seemed like I was over-analyzing everything, I guess I got a bit carried away. While looking at this whole subject, I was just comparing VGChartz to IGN and other sites I've visited, and I'm picking out the differences in modding that I've seen, and I'm questioning why it's different. Thanks to everyone who gave me answers and insights, and no thanks to Montana for only making bitching posts in this thread. If you got nothing to contribute, don't bother, man. You don't need to be an ass, either. :P

Torillian, the special privilages I meant were the ability to ban people and having colors in your screen name. :P Sorry for not specifying earlier, I thought you knew what I was talking about so I was just short-handing it.

EDIT: And yes, having colors is that awesome.

Bodhesatva, thanks for detailing that. Being a regular user, I'm sure many others and I were unaware of exactly how it worked. It's nice to hear how the system works a little.

I only made bitching posts? I made tons of posts trying to explain things to you and you wouldn't listen, so you could understand why it could be frustrating after a while. I had plenty to contribute and you just didn't like my latest post so you ignored all the others and said I was being an ass.