By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Heavenly Sword Reviews

No video-editing allowed for Sony games!

Heavenly Sword got a 6.5 in the design department from Gametrailers because there is hardly any replayability, and the game is far too short. They say combat gets repetitive, and it wouldn't be worth playing through multiple times since battles seem too similar.

You don't have to agree with their opinions, but that is why they gave the design a 6.5. It ended up at 7.9, which is GOOD, so what do you care?

Think about it. With all the greats coming, like MGS, FF, Killzone 2, whatever. Let's say those games all get high 8s to high 9s. Do you really think Heavenly Sword deserves the same score? Do you? It's a good game, not a great one, that's it.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network
sieanr said:
Hus said:
leo-j said:

Gametrailers is very responsible, if they give it a 7.9 then its a 7.9 game.

So becasue they have a good video editing guy and a decent speech guy their reviews are perfect ? Just becasue they say its something sure as hell does not make it so.

Their design score of 6.5 is one of the most stupid scores HS got from any reviewer.

The fancy video editing is clearly evident that they have an anti-sony bias....

LOL

Nice spin troll. 

Well there are many mixed reviews ... to bad this could have been the next GoW :(

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Heavenly Sword is a very good game, but it does NOT deserve to be up there with legendary action games such as Devil May Cry and God Of War. This game is very good but short, and it does seem to get repetitive from what I've seen in the demo. Still it is a good game but not on the same calibur as DMC or GoW.

hunter_alien said:
Well there are many mixed reviews ... to bad this could have been the next GoW :(

Nothing will be as good as GoW.

Around the Network

I'm so sick of hearing that 8.5 is a AAA game. Kingdom Hearts 2 had an 87 average. It was one of my most favorite game of all time. But was it a AAA game for the system? No. Was it AAA for me? Yes.

@leo-j

A AAA game is a game that has very few to none flaws. Heavenly sword has major and minor flaws. You can not call a game AAA if it has too many flaws. And I disagreed with the polish review, not gametrailers. Sorry if that caused confusion

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

80.9% on Game Rankings isn't that bad. In fact, anything over 80% is pretty good. Personally, I don't like the game.

dtewi said:
I'm so sick of hearing that 8.5 is a AAA game. Kingdom Hearts 2 had an 87 average. It was one of my most favorite game of all time. But was it a AAA game for the system? No. Was it AAA for me? Yes.

@leo-j

A AAA game is a game that has very few to none flaws. Heavenly sword has major and minor flaws. You can not call a game AAA if it has too many flaws. And I disagreed with the polish review, not gametrailers. Sorry if that caused confusion

A AAA game? Perhaps it would be somewhat less awkward if we just resorted to rating with numbers, rather than letters...

For the last damn time, AAA means big budget, not highly rated.

It's just a marketing term for expensive, highly anticipated games. Whether or not they actually live up to expectations is a completely different matter. 

"Ho! Haha! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Ha! Thrust!" -- Daffy Duck

I'm the only one that hates this "AAA" "AA" "AAAAAA" thingys?