By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Heavenly Sword Reviews

Looked like the reviewer had good points. I agreed with the assessment. Repetition and shortness really distract from games in my books. And 7.9 isn't a bad review.

It is just saying it is not a must have title. There are HS gameplay fans out there and they will and should buy it based on the review. For the rest of us, we will wait for other games.

Lots still to come... Relax people...

Around the Network
leo-j said:
@starcraft sony can compress

Why did they fit god of war2 on a dvd?!?!

They probably didnt even waste time compressing seeing as its a 25gb disc, and the space is their to use, but because of that they made the mistake of making the game short.

Selnor is right.  GoW2 had much simpler textures and it fitted onto a dvd easy. Also, dont u think giving people only $10/hour of gameplay if you purchase the game at full price is a bit of a MAJOR oversight? This on top of them saying that Motorstorm took 22gigabytes? If that game took that much then yes they are incompetent compressors.  And then there is Killzone 2 which is marginally better looking than Gears of War.  They reckon its 2gb a level, but gears of war had about a couple of dozen chapters and it still fitted on a single disk, PLUS multiplayer.  You could say that this is all them just "using up the disk," except they are saying it cant be done on the 360 because of space limitations, which is actually read "we at Sony do not have the levels of compression proficiency neccessary to place this game on a single disk."

If i were you i'd be hoping that Killzone 2's single-player is substantially larger than Gears' because if its not Sony's "blu-ray is neccessary for gaming" line is going to ring fairly hollow, as will the hole in your wallet where the extra $200 blu-ray cost you used to be 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

leo-j said:
I trust gametrailers on every review.

They said that its on  ps3's top notched action/adventure games thus far just the length hurts it. This is why the design was at 6.3 which killed the score. This is all becuase sony didint want heavenly sword to use a 50gb disc.

I'd agree it's the top notch PS3 Action/adventure game right now.  Thing is... there isn't any other good PS3 Action Adventure games right now.  It's like the guys from Penny Arcade said.  Right now... compared to all the other PS3 games an 8 makes sense. 

By the end of the consoles life though i'd be shocked if the game was worth more then a 7 from the reviews of the whole game.

Im sure every1 has seen this video.

Notice how the entire battlefield is rendered during gameply. And Im pretty sure that Halo 3 will be longer than KZ2. They fit all of Halo 3 on single disc. with a massive amount of data!

sorry heres the video. lol

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_4884.html

Around the Network

7 hours is not enough ... OMG , than what would they give King Kong on the PSP ... it can be finished in a sitdown :P Anyways , I dont care if a game lasts only one hour if it can give me that feeling ... and the gametrailers review told me that it can :)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

libellule said:
a quality french site (gamekult) give 5/10 to Heavenly Sword ...

for them, even the gameplay is not amazing,
they say it is a little boring ... and less

I dont even imagine the score they will give tho Lair (I predict 3/10)

It is sad for the PS3

LMAO a french site.

@MontanaHatchet. I actually feel they marked it up because it's on the PS3. They say ''HS sits on the PS3's top shelf'' and ''It's one of the better action games avalible for the PS3''. They don't say it's on the top shelf of games this generation or one of the better action games this generation.

I feel they slightly over rated it. It is less than half the length of NGS, has less extras, worse gameplay (enemies in NG are a challenge not just standing around idle 99% of the time, in the video review look at 6;09 Nariko hits an enemies and he turns around and starts slowly walking away! Not retreating just acting as though he didn't even see her), less variety (huge amount of weapons and enemies in NG). I realise that NGS got 91% so it is a fair difference but still I feel HS is more around the 75% area.

There's also some things that are weird e.g. they praise the voice acting, which I think is at best ok. Some characters are good, some are bad.

Tbh im getting seriously annoyed at a lot of PS3 exclusives so far being what I would call extremely content light. Motorstorm was as barebones a racer as I have ever seen, Warhawk has 5maps, HS is 6hours, Lair i've heard mixed things from 8-10 hours. Even MGS4 they are splitting into MGS4 and MGS online. Which is beyond a joke, imagine if Resistance had been split into 2, or halo, of gears of war or any game.

Resistance managed to have far more content than these games and it was a launch title. Why are other developers falling so short? I feel as though people are being far too accepting of games short comings. Some developers are showing you can have great gameplay and game length on the PS3 yet others seem completly unable to make a game with any significant substance.

Turkish says and I'm allowed to quote that: Uncharted 3 and God Of War 3 look better than Unreal Engine 4 games will or the tech demo does. Also the Naughty Dog PS3 ENGINE PLAYS better than the UE4 ENGINE.

They marked it down for bs reasons like always.

Ohh its not long enough ohh its $10 to much, i decide those factors not some nerd writing a review.

Seems to be a very good game, just a little short which is why for the low score

higher replay or much longer story would of shot the game into high 8 or low 9 for sure, just need to make the games a wee bit longer.....

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.