By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - DSi NO MPS3 playback WTF!!!

AAC files of the same bitrate are of higher audio quality than MP3 files of the same bitrate.

So you can choose to either have
higher quality
lower file size

or a combination of the two

Around the Network

it has a music symbol on the box... I mean, this is the sort of thing you'd just expect to work.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

most of my music is AAC so... no concern here

Almost all of my music is mp3.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

supermario128 said:

sucks to be you mate =\

It's not even that bad. Just transform all ur music in iTunes. Doesn't take that long

Around the Network
Maynard_Tool said:
supermario128 said:

sucks to be you mate =

It's not even that bad. Just transform all ur music in iTunes. Doesn't take that long

so how would you take the songs from iTunes and put it on the DSi....

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

On a Mac they will be in the folder music/Itunes Music. I don't know where Itunes stores the files in Windows

I've known that the DSi only supports AAC since it was announced, it's really not a big deal, if you really want MP3 playback on a DS device that badly, get a DSL and one of those backup devices that supports moonshell and dsorganize, then it will playback mp3 and you can encode videos for your DS and stream shoutcast with it while still being cheaper than a PSP with a much richer game selection.

supermario128 said:
Maynard_Tool said:
supermario128 said:

sucks to be you mate =

so how would you take the songs from iTunes and put it on the DSi....

I personally use BeSweet and some GUI to batch encode AAC myself, if you want to do file by file, you can also just use something like MeGUI, although that's more for video encoding in general but great for audio too.

that sucks but you can convert them

You should be beaten, burned to ashes then someone should throw your ashes from a plane