By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - DSi NO MPS3 playback WTF!!!

11ht11 said:
jake_the_fake1 said:

Take a look at the PSP, you put music into the music folder, and it works....this is how simple it should be to put music on the DSi....Nintendo is suppose to be about simplicity and how anyone can do it....and here they are going backwards and not caring.

not WMA

PSP does read WMA. You just have to activate/enable it...

On Topic:
Choosing AAC is not such a big deal to me either. I've used the format many times.
Besides, as far as PSP using it as a media device can be a bitch also. I mean, Sony could have used the standard SD yet they didn't. They have to use Memory stick (which is theirs).. Something that is more expensive than SD.
Luckily, (thanks to pbroy) I found out you can use micro SD using a special adapter sometime ½year ago...
Also PSP cannot read folder within a folder and does not have allow you to have a playlist;
  There is also no easier way to scroll through 300 plus music files and I also found out it does not read AVC

And AAC is pretty much a successor to MP3 anyway and thanks to Apple (mostly, I think) it's quickly picking up worldwide adoption. I think AAC is better anyway...
Also PSP cannot read GIF animation, just a still image

It doesn't matter anyway, Sony and/or Nintendo could easily release a Firmware update on any of these anyway...

Around the Network

But my collection is FLAC, what should i do???

Seriously, Nintendo didn't lie about it, they showed the features and they didn't list MP3, there's a way though, it's called homebrew, they already cracked the DSi block, it's only a matter of time for full apps in motion...

Personally, i only use the DS for games, i play my music in my Nokia, PSP or MP3 player...

Someone didnt do their research.....
Honestly I thought everyone knew this already.

I know its annoying too but if you know how to convert its not that big of a problem. The way Nintendo sees it is that most people who buy music LEGALLY use iTunes and its already in that format. I understand its an annoyance but not a big one imo.

Plus....DO YOUR RESEARCH.

Will probably never use this for music playback but out of curiosity does it support WMA? 98% of my music is WMA and 2% MP3.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

tuoyo said:
Will probably never use this for music playback but out of curiosity does it support WMA? 98% of my music is WMA and 2% MP3.

no, the only supported formats are MP4, M4A, and 3gp

Around the Network

Good God people, MP3's are 1998. This is 2009.

The major online distributor of music distributes in...wait for it:

MP4! That's right, AAC.

What is the issue with converting your old MP3's to MP4's in i-tunes or another program? Is it so hard to highlight them, and press a button that says "convert"?

My complaint is that I can't seem to find where to put the vinyl records into the DSi. It says it plays music, but there is nothing in the instructions about lp's. :(

http://www.shanepeters.com/

http://shanepeters.deviantart.com/

Achievement is its own reward, pride only obscures.

HATING OPHELIA- Coming soon from Markosia Comics!

Shanobi said:
Good God people, MP3's are 1998. This is 2009.

The major online distributor of music distributes in...wait for it:

MP4! That's right, AAC.

What is the issue with converting your old MP3's to MP4's in i-tunes or another program? Is it so hard to highlight them, and press a button that says "convert"?

My complaint is that I can't seem to find where to put the vinyl records into the DSi. It says it plays music, but there is nothing in the instructions about lp's. :(

Okay I understand Nintendo's decision if it doesn't want to pay for royalties but what I don't understand is why so many people seem to think everyone should just be happy converting all their music when they are already in the format which is standard.  You say this is not 1998.  Well I started ripping all my cds to WMA format back in 1998 so I could listen on an mp3 player.  I love Windows Media and its ripping tools.  I also downloaded a bit from Napster back then so picked up a few MP3s.  Since 1998 any new CD I bought I would rip with Windows Media.  So I have 10 years worth of ripped WMA.  For others it would be 10 years worth of MP3s. 

I'm not interested in playing music on DSi but if I did I wouldn't want to convert 10 years worth of music because it is now 2009 and a new format has surfaced.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

AAC >> MP3

MP3 is just the consumer catchy name for "compressed" music - something that stores a lot of music in a small size. A lot of MP3 players - and files - don't actually use the MP3 codec at all.

Its a bit like saying "Quicktime movies" --> which actually means most internal codecs.

Still - I know what people are saying. They *could* have included MP3 playback as well - it wouldn't have hurt to add the extra codec for support. I wouldn't be shocked to see some MP3 Jukebox DSi software at some point...

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Maynard_Tool said:
supermario128 said:
Almost all of my music is mp3.

sucks to be you mate =

It's not even that bad. Just transform all ur music in iTunes. Doesn't take that long

:P

Should support the most commonly used format i agree though.

Check out my game about moles ^

just use itunes to make the songs AAC

but still, there's no reason why not to support both

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^