By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - DSi NO MPS3 playback WTF!!!

What the fuck is wrong with Nintendo, I mean they 1st strip MP3 playback away form the photo channel and replace it with with this AAC bullshit....but you know the Wii isn't meant to be a media hub so I guess this can be over looked somewhat.

But the lack of MP3 support for the DSi, I mean WTF!!!!

The machine is advertised as being able to playback music, and yet lacks the MP3 format which just so happens to be the standard format for songs, I mean what were they thinking????

I suppose they wanted to save money from not paying the MP3 royalties or some shit, but at the same time made this non user friendly as the majority of people have MP3 songs, and now people who want their music on the DSi have to convert their songs to AAC with extension ending in MP4, M4A, 3gp and such.

The manual doesn't even tell the consumer that they have to convert their MP3's into the AAC format... thanks Nintendo............thanks for being so fucking cheap.

Take a look at the PSP, you put music into the music folder, and it works....this is how simple it should be to put music on the DSi....Nintendo is suppose to be about simplicity and how anyone can do it....and here they are going backwards and not caring.

Now I know it's suppose to be about the games, and how most won't care cuz they have an IPOD, but I'm just bringing to light an advertised feature of the DSi which is crap and and people are paying for, extra might I add, in order to get them selves the DSi.

Anyways, what are your opinions on this matter people>?

Around the Network

i don't know if is an issue of space....

encode your stuff to AAC for it then, not like it takes long.

DSi NO GPS!??, nor a Fridge WFT!!

jake_the_fake1.. Seriously??

The DSi is what it is.

it's not a problem for me... since i got all my music in ACC cause of my iTouch xD

Around the Network

use itunes to convert them

Extra exclamation points and capital letters, as it turns out, don't strengthen your point.

They chose the AAC format because it's easier to play around with. Remember, you can change up the sounds, slow the music down, speed it up, add effects to it, etc.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Yeah Nintendo hates MP3s. They like some old format....i can't even remember what it was called.

jake_the_fake1 said:

Take a look at the PSP, you put music into the music folder, and it works....this is how simple it should be to put music on the DSi....Nintendo is suppose to be about simplicity and how anyone can do it....and here they are going backwards and not caring.

not WMA

But why should anyone have to convert their music, when other devices on the market don't require it, such as the PSP and most if not the majority of audio playback devices.

Also, Nintendo could have been more clear on their instruction manual that conversion from MP3 to other formats was required, and could have gone as far at least as to provide some free conversion software.

Nintendo, they'll nickel and dime you till they can nickel and dime you no more.