By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So that's how you review Lair!

Gelmer said:
There needs to be a ranking system for Sony fanboys

Rank One: "Sony Soldier" - Exclusively supports PS3 and Blu-Ray.
Rank Two: "Sony Warrior" - Considers 'HOME' a game.
Rank Three: "Six-Axis Warchief" - Is excited about Killzone2 after having actually played Killzone 1.
Rank Four: "Six-Axis Wargoth" - Thinks Six-Axis is a good thing.
Rank Five: "4D Elite" - Bought Lair and loved it.
Rank Six: "4D God" - Will actually buy the PS-Eye.
Rank Seven: "Miyamoto Slayer" - Thinks the PS3 will dominate this generation.

Firstly, this isn't just Sony fanboys, and singling out just them makes you look like a fanboy of a rival. Second of all, it's not a matter of degrees. It's a matter of method. This thread shows fanboys, who just happen to be Sony fanboys, being defensive about just a few laughs were are having, to the point of a persecution complex.

Then again, considering how much this game was hyped, it's not unexpected, although they are denying the game was hyped that much.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:
Gelmer said:

Rank Three: "Six-Axis Warchief" - Is excited about Killzone2 after having actually played Killzone 1.

Firstly, this isn't just Sony fanboys, and singling out just them makes you look like a fanboy of a rival. Second of all, it's not a matter of degrees. It's a matter of method. This thread shows fanboys, who just happen to be Sony fanboys, being defensive about just a few laughs were are having, to the point of a persecution complex.

Then again, considering how much this game was hyped, it's not unexpected, although they are denying the game was hyped that much.

I still thought it was clever, but I'm simple like that.

P.S. fix your sig, it's "too" not "to" 

Sign the Resident_Evil_5_Petition for a Wii release or Dark_Samus is going to come get you.

Gelmer said:

The PS-Eye could be great.  I mean who the heck thought the Wiimote woudl be so cool anyway?  I didn't until I actually played a game with it.

joshmyersBV said:
I like Lair and no review or what people say on this forum is going change that. Now is the review guide helpful maybe, but it's not a slap in the face. Its not like Factor 5 is telling them to fix the reviews after getting the guide so I don't see the big problem here.

The joke wasn't that they sent a guide.

The joke was that they sent the guide LATE and half finished with large stupid errors.

Just like Lair.

joshmyersBV said:
I like Lair and no review or what people say on this forum is going change that. Now is the review guide helpful maybe, but it's not a slap in the face. Its not like Factor 5 is telling them to fix the reviews after getting the guide so I don't see the big problem here.

The joke wasn't that they sent a guide.

The joke was that they sent the guide LATE and half finished with large stupid errors.

Just like Lair.

Around the Network

Yeah well I think that dummy text goes here, dummy text, dummy text, and dummy text goes here. Dummy text for post goes here, dummy text dummy text dummy text. Dummy text? Dummy text dummy text dummy text, dummy text dummy text. Dummy text!

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Gelmer said:

LordTheNightKnight said:
Gelmer said:

P.S. fix your sig, it's "too" not "to"

Ha!  See, I'm ont the only one that noticed!  Don't even try to get into it with him though Gelmer.  H's far too proud to see how silly the sig actually makes him look.

And as for the actual degree list you made, meh, it was a joke but at least I know it's a joke.  I suppose I could make a long well actually post, but like I said, I actually see it's a joke and see it just as that. 

Well, what I got from the bad reviews for Lair sort of suggests that the problems with the game, although severe, aren't really integral to the game itself. As in, the game could be improved significantly by improving some fairly simple things like the control scheme, etc. Things that could be fixed with a patch, not problems with the actual design of the game itself (which is what costs a lot of money).

It seems like they would have been better off writing a patch that fixed the common complaints with the game rather than publishing this guide to attempt to explain them away.

All I can say is

'I CALLED IT'

twesterm said:

Gelmer said:

LordTheNightKnight said:
Gelmer said:

P.S. fix your sig, it's "too" not "to"

Ha! See, I'm ont the only one that noticed! Don't even try to get into it with him though Gelmer. H's far too proud to see how silly the sig actually makes him look.

And as for the actual degree list you made, meh, it was a joke but at least I know it's a joke. I suppose I could make a long well actually post, but like I said, I actually see it's a joke and see it just as that.

Bull. You said I looked like a moron (for one missing letter), while this poster, and a couple others, merely pointed out what it actually is: a typo. Because they pointed it out politely, I'm going to change it.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs