By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So that's how you review Lair!

I actually pointed it out politely several times before I sent the private message (which I'm pretty sure I mentioned in the private message).

I beleive I even mentioned it the day you made the comic and posted it for everyone to see. 

Around the Network

@twesterm

Why question the sig of LordTheNightKnight when we could question a 24 year man having an avatar of a Kim Possible character. To me, spelling errors on someones sig is the last thing you need to worry about. A little childish, I think. person had a typo, big deal.

"I don't believe anyone walks into a game store with $600 in their pocket and wonders what console to buy." -President of Worldwide studios Phil Harrison "Nintendo Wii has been a successful enterprise, and a very good business compared with ours, because it's cheaper." -Sony chairman and CEO Howard Stringer

It is not Kim Possible, it is Ron Stoppable and he is awesome. Also, Kim Possible is an awesome show. The world would be a better place if everyone watches shows like that instead of anything with extreme (or any variation of the spelling), shitty animation, or The in the title (such as The Batman). Booyah!

And I'm not 24, I'm 25 because that makes it better.

25 years old and you can't read? I never said it was Kim Possible, I said that it was a character, and the fact that you know his name troubles me. I have school tomorrow, so im going to bed. Goodnight.

"I don't believe anyone walks into a game store with $600 in their pocket and wonders what console to buy." -President of Worldwide studios Phil Harrison "Nintendo Wii has been a successful enterprise, and a very good business compared with ours, because it's cheaper." -Sony chairman and CEO Howard Stringer

Kasz216 said:
Gelmer said:
There needs to be a ranking system for Sony fanboys

Rank One: "Sony Soldier" - Exclusively supports PS3 and Blu-Ray.
Rank Two: "Sony Warrior" - Considers 'HOME' a game.
Rank Three: "Six-Axis Warchief" - Is excited about Killzone2 after having actually played Killzone 1.
Rank Four: "Six-Axis Wargoth" - Thinks Six-Axis is a good thing.
Rank Five: "4D Elite" - Bought Lair and loved it.
Rank Six: "4D God" - Will actually buy the PS-Eye.
Rank Seven: "Miyamoto Slayer" - Thinks the PS3 will dominate this generation.

The PS-Eye could be great.  I mean who the heck thought the Wiimote woudl be so cool anyway?  I didn't until I actually played a game with it.

The Wii mote allows you to add a new dimension to a concept you're already familiar with in video games, playing the game, in otherwords its expanding upon something that is common ground, the video game controller.

The PSEye is its own facet altogether, alien to both the conecpt of controller and gameplay acting as an extraneous addition to the experience, not an enhancement there of. it just records you/your motions/inanimate objects and puts it in the game, I'm sorry but that's far more limiting in what it sounds and far less versatile in application than the wiimote which is just a furthering of an readily accepted function of gaming, the controller. The fact the only thing they could come up with to push the device is a card game doesn't bode terribly well for its universiality either, I don't care how good a card game it is either, if its not a pre-existing card game people are just going to ignore it with the exception of the few who want to make the concept work and kid themselves this watered down experience of what they see happen in the beloved Yu-Gi-Oh cartoons is really worth the expenditure.

Sign the Resident_Evil_5_Petition for a Wii release or Dark_Samus is going to come get you.

Around the Network

I can imagine the 'dummy txt goes here' becoming a forum meme to be honest =P

@The people attacking the people laughing at this. Come on, any PR blunders this big from Ninty or MS and you would be laughing your socks off too, blaming the cruddity of your game on ghosts and sending out review guides fulled with dummy text is just funny no matter who does it.

At first I thought, wow, the Sony fans are really being over-sensitive about this, then I just realized that this thread is in the Sony forum! If someone had a thread reminding me of my console's failures in my forum, I'd be upset too! How did this thread manage not to get closed!? If this was in the general gaming section that'd be fine but wow, in the Sony forum itself, that's kind of rude. I certainly wouldn't have posted half the things I did If I had bothered to check what forum it was in.

Sign the Resident_Evil_5_Petition for a Wii release or Dark_Samus is going to come get you.

BenKenobi88 said:
If SSBB epic-ly FAILED, do you have any idea how many Sony fans would be eating up anti-SSBB news?

Now that's a crappy justification for why we're poking fun at Lair...but honestly, there's just a ton of news coming out for the game, and Cmon, it just came out, it's not like it's been much more than a week.

Yeah, but Nintendo wouldn't do that.  Kojima himself said that SSB:B could've been released six months early and most people would still think it's a great, polished game that would've gone on to millions of sales.

BenKenobi88 said:
If SSBB epic-ly FAILED, do you have any idea how many Sony fans would be eating up anti-SSBB news?

Now that's a crappy justification for why we're poking fun at Lair...but honestly, there's just a ton of news coming out for the game, and Cmon, it just came out, it's not like it's been much more than a week.

Normally I wouldn't do such a thing.  But seeing how rabid the Nintendo Fanbase has been this generation to trash anything and everything Sony, and to a lesser degree MS, I'd jump on that wagon and start making fun of Nintendo Fanboys as sweet sweet retribution.

Sadly, it doesn't matter what company you are, what game system it is, there will be a anticipated title that will stink it up.  Heck, they may have several that do that.

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

Retribution you say? You and every sony fan who even got the least bit excited about Lair deserve every bit of slander comming your way.

I just wish the OP had been more tactful than to put this in the actual Sony forum.