By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So that's how you review Lair!

Double post....oops

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

Around the Network

Again must I point out the fact that if this was a thread about a Nintendo game flopping the same people crying this is going to far would be eating this up like there is no tommorow.

Sign the Resident_Evil_5_Petition for a Wii release or Dark_Samus is going to come get you.

BenKenobi88 said:
Haha, that's amazing. Every developer should send a guide on how to enjoy their game to reviewers hehe.

This is classic.

HAHAHA, that would be great, I can´t wait to read the guide to Crusin and Big Rigs, I don´t think I would have the time for the guide "How to review Action 52 as the best game ever" that guide would be bigger than the bible

Dtoid now has the entire, scanned guide up

EDIT: Hahaha, it has a "making of lair" feature that list all the books and movies that influenced the game, yet LOTR is absent from the list.

The intro from Eggebrecht is especially funny.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

jjseth said:
Just wish the nintendo fanboys would stop being arrogant pricks. I never knocked one of the really poor Nintendo games that have been released. Yea, we know, Lair got bad reviews. I'm not buying the game anyways so Lair tanking doesn't affect me at all. All systems have a hyped game that sucks monkey balls.

Once again, I don't really care that Lair got bad reviews, the thing that makes me laugh is their reaction.  You know when you have a bad game on your hands and they aren't doing anything to help.  They really should have said "hey, we tried and gave it our best.  We'll take what we learned from this game and apply it to the next so we can deliver an incredible experience."  That would have solved everything image wise.

Chemical said:
^^^ Well, they DID spend 25 million dollars on the game so if this title flops then they are in trouble. They need to sell at least 400k copies to break even (not counting the licensing, packaging, publishing and other fees).

Umm...no.  I don't know where you got that number but they are going to need to sell a lot more than 400k to break even.  It takes around 750k for a 7-10million game to break even so Lair will need to sell more than 2 million.

Around the Network

If Lair wasn't hyped so much, nobody would be creating these threads now. For every one of these threads, there are probably five hype threads that existed before.

sieanr said:
Dtoid now has the entire, scanned guide up

EDIT: Hahaha, it has a "making of lair" feature that list all the books and movies that influenced the game, yet LOTR is absent from the list.

The intro from Eggebrecht is especially funny.

LOTR is the most well known fantasy story, but it is not the source of all of them. Plus there were no dragons in the story, and the battles were hardly like those in Lair.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

^^ I think the nazghl on them flying things looked pretty much like Lair.

Gelmer said:
List of official Lair Supporters:
- Hus
- Diomedes
- NorthStar
- Konnichiwa

Where did I support it?

On that list, clearly.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.