By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So that's how you review Lair!

NorthStar said:
Wow it really shows that none of these posters Have not Played this game. Sure it takes weeks to get the printing done but I am sure Factor 5 got some feedback with demos and made this. To be fair this is right on that fact that the reviews were out Teusday and most people didn't take the time to familiarize themself with the controls.

I have played the game the controls are not bad at all (everything I want to do I can do and the dragon responds acordingly) The sixaxsis is a great fit for the broader turning and swooping of the dragon. I would never recomend racing in motorstorm using the sixaxis but here in Lair I don't see what the issues are

I don't think anyone has said that everyone hated this game; people enjoyed Red Steel and praised its controls and I'm sure there are people that even liked games like E.T. and Bomberman Zero.  What's sad is that you automtically assume you're opinion is the majority and that everyone else is an idiot for not sharing it.

Around the Network

Yes, I have not played the game, and NO I do not plan on playing it.

That's not being a fanboy, that's listening to dozens of reviewers telling you the game just plain SUCKS and stay away from it.

I think it's sad that some forum members think this is an attack against Sony or the PS3 or something. Lair sucks, that's all we're talking about.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I think it's rather well-documented that I played this game for quite some time (as did my friend, who wrote the "official" review for our site). We agreed on almost everything except the quality of the story.

The game is bad at best, utter shit at worst. End of story. It's not the worst game I've ever played but it plays like a $2.5m game, not a $25m game. And that's why we rated it a six, which sadly is higher than many other sites have rated it (I would have given it a five but that wasn't my call).

I'm getting very tired of people assuming that I haven't played this game because I bash it. In reality, I bash it because I've played it.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Wow... is it actually possible for Sony to dig themselves a deeper hole? They certainly are trying...

Instead on spending money on CRAP like this - maybe they should work on the game some more?

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

twesterm said:
Diomedes1976 said:
What a bunch of fanboys in this thread .....pitiful .

Whether you like the game is irrelevant in this thread, you can't help but laugh at the garbage Factor 5 has been spewing in defense of their game and now this.

...,  I don't think this is fun, it is pathetic

Around the Network
Gelmer said:
Sony is distributing chips to put in individual's brains to alter how they percieve enjoyment to allow games like lair to be enjoyed appropriately.

I was about to post this... They're really desperate... Geez!

I don't know why you fervent Sony supporters always pull the Wii fanboy card whenever anything bad is said regarding something involving the PS3. I rarely see Nintendo fans supporting a crappy game simply because it was made for the Wii. For example, people rarely defend Red Steel as an unbelievable game. Some people like it, many don't...it has nothign to do with the platform and everything to do with the game.

Please, calling people fanboys for not liking a game on your console just makes you sound silly at best, and stupid at worst. I never trust one review about a game or movie or anything, but this is many many reviews all saying the same thing. Unless you think this is some sort of conspiracy, then you can't deny that the majority consensus is the game sucks.

Unless they plan on packing in that "guide" with every copy of the game I would of thrown it in the trash from the beginning. What use is the damn thing? The people who just buy the game aren't going to have the benefit of that guide so why the hell should I when trying to write my review? The game will either explain itself and be fun or it won't, the "guide" should of been built in from day 1.

To Each Man, Responsibility

Umm, the story was crap, your charecter was quite painfully stupid, it felt like the story was like:

"Guess what we're going to do next? Come on, just guess! I know you know, and it's painfully predictable and bland, but come on, guess! Come on! Come on! You know it, but we wanna hear you say it! It's cool isn't it? Tell me that wasn't cool? What? You're a liar! Come on! That was cool! Now guess what you do? Come on, guess! Just guess"

Unless that booklet came with a new, entirely different, good story, it won't improve it.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

List of official Lair Supporters:
- Hus
- Diomedes
- NorthStar
- Konnichiwa

Sign the Resident_Evil_5_Petition for a Wii release or Dark_Samus is going to come get you.