By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So that's how you review Lair!

If SSBB epic-ly FAILED, do you have any idea how many Sony fans would be eating up anti-SSBB news?

Now that's a crappy justification for why we're poking fun at Lair...but honestly, there's just a ton of news coming out for the game, and Cmon, it just came out, it's not like it's been much more than a week.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network
twesterm said:

So not content to just blame bad Lair reviews on hardcore gamers not knowing how to play a casual game, motion controls not being for the hardcore, PS3 hardware not being up to snuff, and ghosts, it seems that Sony has now sent reviewers guidelines on how to review Lair.

Genius.

OOoooooohhhhhhh. Now I get it.

Medium Dragon:
http://www.destructoid.com/elephant/photo-m.phtml?photo_key=15124&post_key=43062

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

sinha said:
Medium Dragon:
http://www.destructoid.com/elephant/photo-m.phtml?photo_key=15124&post_key=43062

Oh...my...

Ok, Sony fans, check out that link.  ...

...ok?

How is that not funny??

And I thought the opening line was the best:  OPEN YOUR HANDS AND MINDS FOR SOMETHING VERY DIFFERENT.

...different eh?

dummy text here dummy text dummy text.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Some would argue the entire "reviewer's guide" is dummy text!

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

Around the Network
sinha said:
Medium Dragon:

I really cannot come up with any kind of witty remark that even comes close to the brilliance of that.  Kudos to you Factor 5, I'm speechless.

twesterm said:
I swear, I usually don't take this much enjoyment out of a game doing this poorly, but the past few days Lair has been like a car accident you just can't look away from. you would think if they had any common sense they would just let the game die in peace, but I guess that just isn't their style.

You seem to enjoy anything that is negative about Sony, so I have to disagree with your claim. 

twesterm said:
sinha said:
Medium Dragon:

I really cannot come up with any kind of witty remark that even comes close to the brilliance of that. Kudos to you Factor 5, I'm speechless.

Either that's a godawful typo, or that was placeholding text they forgot to fill in, or that's a mean joke by destructoid.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

It's placeholder text until they put the actual info in.

But apparently they were so rushed they totally forgot to fill in the info for medium dragons. Granted this only goes to reviewers, not the rest of the gamers, but seriously. It's just funny.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM

Why do people criticise a game based on reviews when they have never played it? ReVIEWr SAy LAyeR IS SToopid CoNtroL DrAGANS iS hEarD Too FLI BLu DRagaN EaSe Too FLie. GaME Is DUm IM goIN 2 PLAie WE SpORTs And We fIT And We EaT ANd HAyLOW. Hey at least they gave reviewers this guide to help them play through the game, although it should be unnecessary.

"I don't believe anyone walks into a game store with $600 in their pocket and wonders what console to buy." -President of Worldwide studios Phil Harrison "Nintendo Wii has been a successful enterprise, and a very good business compared with ours, because it's cheaper." -Sony chairman and CEO Howard Stringer