By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So that's how you review Lair!

Yes, and I'm sure that Microsoft sent out a press release apologizing for the world of suck that was Windows ME, or even Vista. Since when does a company come out and say that their software/products aren't quite up to par.

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

Around the Network

Since when is a company desperate enough to blame ghosts for their mediocre product.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

jjseth said:
Yes, and I'm sure that Microsoft sent out a press release apologizing for the world of suck that was Windows ME, or even Vista. Since when does a company come out and say that their software/products aren't quite up to par.

Yeah, a company isnt likely to come out and say "hi! our product is crap!" but they can gracefully accept that their product isn't the best thing ever.  Factor 5 could have handled this well by saying they tried and they'll take what they learned and apply it to their next game but they didn't.  Instead they've blamed the quality of their game from everything to unfinished PS3 hardware to ghosts instead of taking responsibility for their own game and then they release the reviewers guide.  That guide is just a giant dick slap square on the forehead and I would be insulted if that was sent to me.

jjseth said:

does sony pay you =O

*watches as bitter Sony fans try and take any pot shot they can at MS and Nintendo*

Sign the Resident_Evil_5_Petition for a Wii release or Dark_Samus is going to come get you.

Around the Network
twesterm said:

So not content to just blame bad Lair reviews on hardcore gamers not knowing how to play a casual game, motion controls not being for the hardcore, PS3 hardware not being up to snuff, and ghosts, it seems that Sony has now sent reviewers guidelines on how to review Lair.

Genius.

Lair just isn't a good game. Obviously many reviewers just didn't like it. Forget about Lair, and focus on Warhawk, if you're interested in the Playstation 3's motion sensitivity.

GranTurismo said:
The great wisdom of gball seems to have come back. lair is not the game that defines the PS3, new games are never that, Games like GT, FF, GTA, MGS4, killzone and many other games that made the PS2 great are what will make the PS3 great.

If Lair was good, it would certianly be one of the titles that defines the PS3. You know, kinda like how Devil May Cry was an all new series on the PS2, and just so happened to defined the system.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

sinha said:
Medium Dragon:
http://www.destructoid.com/elephant/photo-m.phtml?photo_key=15124&post_key=43062

Wow.  I am speechless (and highly amused)

I like Lair and no review or what people say on this forum is going change that. Now is the review guide helpful maybe, but it's not a slap in the face. Its not like Factor 5 is telling them to fix the reviews after getting the guide so I don't see the big problem here.

"I could make Halo. It's not that I couldn't design that game. It's just that I choose not to. One thing about my game design is that I never try to look for what people want and then try to make that game design." - Nintendo's Shigeru Miyamoto

PSN joshmyersBV Global rank in Warhawk: 1734 Rank: Wing Leader Over 200 Mine kills

Oops, just realized this is the Sony forum, this thread really should be somewhere else.

Sign the Resident_Evil_5_Petition for a Wii release or Dark_Samus is going to come get you.