By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 399 Euro For PS3 169 Euro 360. Is The PS3 Worth That Much More?

RPG said:
............really.

I always go for the top of the line anyway, I would like all the fixings for what I buy. You really like asking a lot of question don't you?

but does that mean everyone is driving a ferrari? no!

Around the Network

*Looks at the PS3 features*
*Sees that lots of stuff needs to be bought saparately for the 360 to have the same*

Suddenly the price isn't so different anymore. The PS3 doesn't need a game to show that the 360 is "yesterday". It just needs a stong lineup of games that make it a worthwhile purchase. And such games it has.

Xen said:
*Looks at the PS3 features*
*Sees that lots of stuff needs to be bought saparately for the 360 to have the same*

Suddenly the price isn't so different anymore. The PS3 doesn't need a game to show that the 360 is "yesterday". It just needs a stong lineup of games that make it a worthwhile purchase. And such games it has.

"Sony Europe honcho tells UK press that five million consumers would buy a PS3 regardless of launch library."

Are you deliberately skewing my statement? I said it doesn't need one game to make people buy it/make them choose it over the X360, it needs a lineup, which it has,

Around the Network
reask said:

I certainly dont think so for one minute.

then don't buy it, problem solved, k thx bye

@ Garnett )

you and that Prophet are on a holy mission to disprove badgenome's quote in your sig, huh ?

Better variety of games, far far better hardware quality. Best franchises on it.

Ohh since its all about games for you FREE online, why the hell would you pay extra just to use a feature that is free on other consoles ?

TheTruthProphet said:

ps3 is outrageously overpriced. 

Opinion. I wanted a BluRay player and HDD based console,  I needed wifi. Good value for me and others like me.

how can you SDF people possibly defend sony when they price rape you so violently?

REMEMBER -  Most expensive console in history.

Factually False: the NeoGeo launched at $649.99 in 1990. Its games were priced $200 and up. My PS3+LBP bundle costed me $399, same as the launch price of the 360 premium. Did you post messages on forums back then, screaming bloody murder?

REMEMBER when sony told you to "Get 2 jobs to afford one."

Factually False: Sony never told me anything. If you hear multinational companies' voices in your head, maybe you should have a medical check-up?

Sad that these sony fools can take advantage of you so easily.

I got the console with the games I like more and the BluRay I wanted, with the hardware parts I needed and at the lowest price. I don't feel that violated. But thanks for your concern.

"All you need in life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure." - Mark Twain

"..." - Gordon Freeman

Ok, first of all, im not a fanboy, but then again, I dont own a PS3.

Its not that i dont want to or that i dont like what it has to offer, but I think in some areas that are very important to me Sony failed.

First the price, its cheaper and I know that the PS3 has more to offer, but i dont use wifi since its unreliable in lots of cases and when you are competitive about your online play then you dont want wifi problems. I dont use a BR player since i stream all my hd movies from pc to my popcornhour.

Second the online gaming, lots of people say PSN is for free, and thats nice and all, but the experience just isnt the same. Its not as streamlined and communicating is something that doenst happen that much.

third, the games. Both consoles have an excellent line up that i wouldnt want to miss. I dont like mgs that much, but killzone en lbp look awesome. Yet I find myself out of time for all the xbox exclusives and multiplats, so why bother buying a ps3 if you dont have enough time to play all the great xbox titles.

The last argument is for me probably the best. Especcially since 400 bucks is a lot, even for a working (teaching in high school) person like me.

Another argument is probably that most of my friends (the gaming types, about 15) have an xbox360 and I only know one person with a ps3 and I dont know the guy really that well.

Wake me up when you find out you need 80 euro HDD to even start downloading demos from that "superior" online service and when you realize you need to pay 40 euro each year to even use it to play with your friends.

And I can play 99% of that M$ library on my PC with superior mouse+keyboard controls and 1200p resolution :D

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB