By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 399 Euro For PS3 169 Euro 360. Is The PS3 Worth That Much More?

You came all this way just to say the ps3 is too expensive for what it can do? You sound just like microsoft's PR guys, if you aren't interested leave it be.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network

in terms of system meant for straight out gaming- the winner by a mile is the 360. If you care about online play and purchasing software, the edge would then go to the ps3.

I bought my PS3 for $700, I think that's 500 euros? and it's defintiely worth every penny.

B/C with PS2/PS1, wifi, blu-ray, 60GB, amazing PS3/PSN games, rechargable controller, free online, very reliable, has that big Sony stamp of approval on it and a black shiny shell with chrome trim!

This beast is worth atleast a $1000! let alone $400

After completing all the things you need for 360 i.e live, wireless (optional) and HDD, ps3 isn't much more expensive. For people who fancy blu-ray as well, ps3 is the no-brainer choice.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

I chose the ps3 because it has the games that i want e.g uncharted,GOW3,KZ2,mgs4 and R2 so it is worth it...do you think i will find it worth it if i purchase an xbox just cause it's cheaper while all the game that i want is on ps3?? you think thats worth my penny? what am I gonna do force my self to like halo? while I'm missing out all the game that I'm looking forward to?

Around the Network

If the relatively even Euro sales (with significantly faster sales rate for PS3) are an indication, yeah, it's worth that much more.

Now let's see what happens with a price drop...

Loud_Hot_White_Box said:

If the relatively even Euro sales (with significantly faster sales rate for PS3) are an indication, yeah, it's worth that much more.

Now let's see what happens with a price drop...

I HIGHLY doubt the PS3 is selling so well because of its hardware,95% is because of the PLAYSTATION logo,throw ATARI 3 on there and watch sales drop.

Having wasted £100 on accessories for the 360 which come out the box for the PS3, the PS3 really is worth that much more. When GT5 releases then it will piss all over the 360, no doubt about that one.

RPG said:
Having wasted £100 on accessories for the 360 which come out the box for the PS3, the PS3 really is worth that much more. When GT5 releases then it will piss all over the 360, no doubt about that one.

ok... so options to buy what you need/want is worse then having to pay allot for one package? (wasted and all)

I mean you go to a car dealership that sells the "in your budget" $14,000 vehical you want/need...

but to your surprise the only model they sell now is the Top Of The Line $20,000 model...

You don't need all those accoessories.. do you still go out of your budget?

Also... GT5? I mean talk about paying for little (GT5 Demo) then after (waiting) you have to pay $59.99 (more) for the full game?... does that help the argument... really?

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

............really.

I always go for the top of the line anyway, I would like all the fixings for what I buy. You really like asking a lot of question don't you?