By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 399 Euro For PS3 169 Euro 360. Is The PS3 Worth That Much More?

Quality is in the eyes of the beholder, And just a side note. My bro paid 320 Euro for 20 GB 360 , add Wireless(59.99) add live(59.99) =440 Euro . No HD Format Movies. I paid 425 Euro for 60 GB BC PS3. Free online blu ray etc. My bros 360 broke down. 85 Euro repair (1 week outta warranty) 1 Month 360less . My PS3 Broke. ( Out of Warranty). Free Replacement the next day.

Around the Network

PS3 is just worth it.

Shouldnt the question be..

Why is the 360 only worth 169€ ? Why is your beloved console only priced at 169 compared to the amount of value you get out of it? Why isnt it worth more? Why is 169€ the right price in relations to what you value your product? Who's to say that its the PS3 that has the crazy price, and not the 360??

It depends. If you just want to play multiplats the x360 arcade is obviously the best choice. It also has a small but highly acclaimed exclusive library in addition to some very good xbla games. Still, there are potential extra costs involved with xbox 360 ownership that ps3 owners don't have to worry about (wireless, overpriced proprietary accessories, xbox live fee). The ps3 is obviously the most expensive, but it isn't as simple as you frame it in the OP. There are good reasons for buying either console.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

PS3 is a huge rip off. However Europeans will pay anything for Sony products. Anything with Sony brand name tagged on it sells well through out Europe and Japan. It is good to see the Americans have the most sense and buy the cheaper console X360 that offers 90% of the games library of a system that is double its price.

PS3 fans always use the fanboy rant/propaganda about you pay extra for the Wifi (which is not as good as direct cable connection) and online (50% of console gamers use systems online) for the X360. However most consumers do not care for all the extra features and just want to play a video game console. More than 50% of X360 owners have bought the X360 Arcade model.

Around the Network

So why is the 360 only priced at 169? Dont you think its worth more? If not, why do you only value the 360 at 169 when the tech obviously is worth more?

I can watch Die Hard Blu-Ray on PS3

I can not watch Die Hard Blu-Ray on 360

Welcome to the party pal!

ps3 is outrageously overpriced. 

how can you SDF people possibly defend sony when they price rape you so violently?

REMEMBER -  Most expensive console in history.

REMEMBER when sony told you to "Get 2 jobs to afford one."

Sad that these sony fools can take advantage of you so easily.

heruamon said:
BxN said:
reask said:
Snake2 said:
reask said:

I certainly dont think so for one minute.

I mean BR, Wireless, who actually cares about these things.

.After all 80% of folks go in to a store want a gaming console and nothing else.

I just dont think PS3 has managed to produce the killer game yet that says 360 is yesterday.

Thats not to say it doesnt have good games.

Just my take on it.

WHAT!!!!!!! are you a gamer? so Killzone 2, Resistance 2, Metal gear solid 4, Valkyria chronicles, lITTLEBIGPLANEt, Gt5p, uncharted etc. are not killer games than have mercy on the wii and 360.

In all fairness that is just an opinion as I have yet to see a game on PS3 that looks better than one on 360

I think that you haven't seen enough PS3 games :D

Sorry, but there's been no games on the ps3 to make somebody choose it over the 360...and the sales numbers prove it...

the sales numbers say... even being almost double the price it sell just around 10% less then 360... that means that games make lots of people chose the ps3 ... but even that says anything... wii is selling like h*ll and dont have games that come even near the quality of ps360 games... so sales say really nothing! popular music in my country sell like h*ll and its cr*p... better music dont sell as well... and its just an example because that happens in almost every market of business... the biggest blockbuster of the year usuly dont get the oscars... human arent perfect... its in our nature!

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

its funny the same people saying in other parts of this forum that ps3 fail because is leading sony to bankruptcy because it is sold below the manufacturing price and then come here saying ps3 isnt worth the price... if we pay less for more technology thats a bad deal???

btw americans more smart than europeans ??? thats new!!!

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4