By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Super Mario Galaxy week one sales in Japan (it launches Nov 1, 2007)

540k sw, 100k hw

Around the Network

580 Galaxy and 115 Hardware

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

At LEAST over 1 million.

John Lucas

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

800K - 1million

"..just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake"

First day sales should be here soon (this week)

I'm curious as to which games Japanese Wii owners will buy with Galaxy upon release.

I'd guess Super Paper Mario, Wii Play, Wii Sports mostly, with a few niche titles seeing renewed sales, in a similar way to how Monster Hunter Portable 2 sales picked up after the release of the big PSP games (hardware revision).

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Around the Network
TheSource said:

First day sales should be here soon (this week)

I'm curious as to which games Japanese Wii owners will buy with Galaxy upon release.

I'd guess Super Paper Mario, Wii Play, Wii Sports mostly, with a few niche titles seeing renewed sales, in a similar way to how Monster Hunter Portable 2 sales picked up after the release of the big PSP games (hardware revision).

WiiSports, WiiPlay & MP8 I would think.

Family/casual titles should get boosted, although it will depend how hardware does. 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Definatley MP8, Wii sports absolutley, other than that I doubt any other major boosts.

Xbox Live Gamertag - Deathscythe X

AIM SN - Alexie Di Onie

hopefully zack and wiki

What should we expect of American sales based on Japanese sales. For instance, say Japanese SMG sells 1,000,000 the first week. Can we predict a certain number for US first week sales? (Does Japan usually sell more or less copies of a Mario game? How much?)

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

MP8 and Sports definitely, possibly SPM, hopefully zack and wiki